May 13, 2008

This Morning

I love mornings. I am at my best in the morning, except when I don't get enough sleep. "A sleep deprived Jade is a grumpy Jade," he said.

I like to enjoy my morning coffee, with two slices of bread. I open the sliding door, letting the morning breeze into the hall. I sit at the dining table, having my breakfast, at times while reading my breakfast book. At the moment, my breakfast book is by Anita Shreave. I'm re-reading it.

I dislike the fact that I have to rush. You see, ever since I started the new job, I have to make sure I leave the house by 7 a.m. I cannot enjoy a lazy morning every morning. I especially have to rush if I'm doing my laundry (like this morning) or it's the hair washing day (like this morning - in fact, most morning IS hair washing day these days). I do not have a washing machine, therefore, no such thing as letting the laundry washed while I shower. And I've forgotten to pack my lunch. Which was supposed to be tuna sandwich, by the way.

Maybe I still need to get use to this new morning routine. Urghh... routine. How I detest that word. Well, hopefully, if the office did move to KL Sentral, things won't be so hectic, as it's just 10 minutes away. Please God, make it a reality.

I overheard on the radio that UiTM is offering a "Blogging" course. It is intended to "teach" bloggers language, ethics, reporting skills, etc. I personally feel it's a pile of dung. Seriously. A blog is what it is, a web log. It's where people say whatever they want, it's a journal, there need not be correct grammar or certain reporting style. It need not be ethical in fact, need not be correct or factual, for that matter. Whoever believes 100% of what is written in a blog, is perhaps an idiot. Seriously. Unless and otherwise, a blogger's blog is dedicated to a certain subject matter, and the blogger is writing seriously, with facts and figures, then probably we could take his or her word, as point of reference. We still need to verify it ourselves should we want to quote them.

Anyway, talking about mornings. How was yours?

No comments: