May 6, 2008

Of Blessings and Sacrifices

Alhamdulillah. CameoBox Accessories is officially operated under a registered company; Kaimeera Ventures. I'm happy. He is happy. ;-) Your kind supports are appreciated. Make your way to CameoBox Accessories and grab new items to add into your collection.

Watch this space for updates on our next activities.

--------------------------------------

So, today I received my first assignment. I actually asked for it. And the boss looked at me as if asking "are you sure?". I guess he took my smiley face as a yes and later he gave me a list of things to do. Hah! Padan muka! Should be an interesting day tomorrow.

When I first came for the job interview, I thought that it would be an easy thing to actually get the place. Today it actually dawned to me (yes, I am THAT slow) that I could have failed to secure a spot. One thing, the number of people is not that big, and the empty slots are only 3. Secondly, I am the only female in the company besides the office admin cum receptionist girl. Not sure if there's a gender bias issue or it simply is. Next, it's not exactly an employee market these days, so possibilities to jump around is quite slim. And finally, the skills... Out of three main skills, I'm only well versed in two. So, I guess Allah's blessings were on me the day I came to the interview. Thinking over, it makes me get goose bumps.

My friends in Pudica are having uncertain times now. They are frankly being torn apart (sounds so dramatic, eh?). Well, it is dramatic. These people has given ten years of their lives to the company, building the repo and presence, and suddenly being asked to settle into new environment. That's a soft way of putting it. To speak plain and direct, they are being disposed. Even though it seems now the move will only be temporary for knowledge transfer purposes, things will never be the same. All of them are already comfortable there, they have family, commitments and mouths to feed. This is of course a trying time. A lot of things need to be considered if they want to quit. Sometimes, I wonder how an employer can treat their employees this way. We are the casualties of capitalism. Although in Pudica case it's not in the form of monetary profit. The direction has changed.

I read in The Star today, drawing contributions from our younger generation, aged 7 to 12. These kids are all into fun environment and free stuff! Such innocence. I hate the fact that it will soon be contaminated by the reality and truth of living once they start to earn their first ringgit. Nothing is free, darlings. You have to pay for clean air even these days!

That brings me to the next topic. Clean air. This building that I'm working in, it's a giant chimney. Tenants smoke indiscriminately. Well, they don't do it in the hallway, but at the stairwell. And since the washroom on my floor is being renovated, I need to use the staircase to go the upper floor. And guess what, I have to held my breath and run all the way. My hair will smell awful by end of the day. My shirt, haih, it's as if, I'm a smoker! Dem. The building management should do something about it. But alas, I think this situation has been going on for years, just like the toilet paper robbery in the washroom. And don't get me started on that!

Okay, enough venting for today. Back to work!


No comments: