May 5, 2008

On KokoKaina

"Wish I'd known her much earlier.. then we could be friends.. and she can sing at my wedding.. now if I want to be friends.. she'd think I'm just a groupie..." I told n|ns this just now.

I'm referring to KokoKaina, the soulful voice and angelic face on YouTube. She's the in thing these days, just listen to her. If I could play the guitar, I sure would play something like she does. Seriously.

At this moment, I like Someone You Used to Know the most. I've heard her sang live at Bijou Bazaar two weeks back and let me tell you, it's phenomenal. I like her version of Summertime too. Jazzy. Love it!

In case you're wondering, she's Malaysian. So, am so proud of her. Her voice is husky and mellow. Sound a bit like Norah Jones, but KokoKaina's songs do not put you to sleep like Norah's does. Seriously.

So, here's to KokoKaina, and babe, I'm so going to buy your album when it comes out.

ps: Yes, I've got a lot of free time. That's why I blog, and blog, and blog.
pps: Thinking of moving to Wordpress like n|ns...

No comments: