May 27, 2008

Pay More?

The fuel price will increase again. That is definite. The only thing that we don't know is when.

Malaysians, should stop complaining and grumbling about fuel price. One day, we have to do away with the subsidy. Currently, we're paying a lot less for a liter of petrol compared to people in other countries.

Sometimes, when I sit down and ponder, I realise that I should not be owning a car if I am complaining about the fuel price. Maybe the truth is, I cannot afford to have a car, because I cannot cope with the petrol price. Maybe I should just take the bus or the train to move about.

What I don't like is that whenever the fuel price increases (and the government servants get increments or bonuses) the price of everything else start to increase too. I may have to start to learn how to make my own bread or roti pratha.

I don't know people. Unless we go back to farming and growing our own food, we will continue to be burdened by increasing price sooner or later.

Maybe, what we could do something in our local community. Our own taman or kampung. Each house in the area, plants 2 types of food, say chili and tomatoes for one, and next door; spinach and long beans. Every day, people just exchange the food that they want with the neighbours. You know, back to barter system. I don't think that's too hard to achieve.

Just a thought, eh.

2 comments:

D.N.A.S said...

Saya tanam serai ngan pandan. Jom barter trade!! Sapa ada tanam peria ngan petola?

Anonymous said...

haih.. kalu saya ada tanah, sure saya pun dah tanam. tapi tak der... takkan nak korek lantai balcony kan? hehe.. kene beli pasu la ramai2...