May 30, 2008

I Spent. A Lot.

I just spent almost RM250 at the book fair, which later I found out not quite a huge sum after talking to n|ns. I purchased ten books including one for Silver. I already bought four books within the last two weeks; two of which have been read.

When I pictured how my house will look like. The curved balcony, the big kitchen with island setup, the spartan hall with off-white finishing, the spacious master bedroom with attached bath half the size, and... books everywhere. On the coffee table at the living room, at the end of the dining table, on the shelf beside the toaster in the kitchen, on the bed side table (few of them), on the bed and study table, next to the bath tub, and of course more serious ones, mixed on the bookshelf. Basically, books are every where in the house.

Yes, you got it. I love books. I love reading. I read almost anything. If I like the author's writing style, I will have many of his/her books. That's normal. I'm just another book lover.

Not too long ago, I asked my uncle what I need to do if I were to open a bookstore. My father was listening in. He later remarked to my uncle, "she wants to open one because she wants to read the books, not because she wants to sell them". Okay, I admit, it crossed my mind, but, it'll defeat the purpose of opening a bookstore, right?

There's no point in this post. I just want to share with you one of my interest. Someone told me sometime ago that I have a very un-Malaysian hobby. It warms my heart to see more Malaysians are reading now. But it pains me to see that I mostly bump shoulders with people who are not really mine. If you get what I mean. I guess, they are more into Akademi Fantasia stuff, eh?

So, this is the list of my new books:
  • P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern (this book is now a motion picture starring Hillary Swank, Gerard Butler and Lisa Kudrow. Am so going to look for the DVD!) - Read
  • Heart-shaped Box by Joe Hill - Read
  • The Dante Trap by Arnaud Delalande - Reading It
  • Blood Brothers by Nora Roberts (Will go and get the second book soon)
  • Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom (old one, I know - 20% discount)
  • The Cupid Effect by Dorothy Koomson (it was at 50% discount and I need a little silly read too)
  • The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom (another old one - 20% discount)
  • Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (1st book in the series - at RM20.90)
  • Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer (3rd book in the series - 15% discount)
  • The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho (they initially charged me the actual price instead of the discounted amount which is RM26.90; only realised it when I'm back at the office, so had to walk back to KLCC)
  • For One More Day by Mitch Albom (RM24.90)
  • Me and Mr. Darcy by Alexandra Potter (30% discount - and I just love everything about Mr. Darcy)
There you go. I think I have quite a read for the next few months. Hopefully it lasts that long. Some of the books are old, because I've been wanting to read them, but never really got to them.

4 comments:

The Momster said...

go get the latest cecilia ahern's thanks for the memories ;)

you know, i wanted to open a bookshop too, coz when there's no customer, at least i won't be bored! hahahaha...

Anonymous said...

Cecilia Ahern rawks! I prefer Rosie Dune better than ps i love you (but both are much better than the latest book - sorry nina... heh).
I just bought Twilight becoz I kno the movie is coming out.
I didn't like Me and Mr Darcy that much tho... Dunno why... But I love Mr Darcy (who doesnt?!)...

The Momster said...

hehehe no prob ziah... only recommending it coz it's the latest eventhough i think the storyline this time is a bit too imaginative. :P

Hajar said...

n|ns: i need to finish the list first. but then again, who knows eh? me being me... hahaha...

naziah: thanks for dropping by! i let u know what i feel about Me and Mr Darcy once I finished it.