When I pictured how my house will look like. The curved balcony, the big kitchen with island setup, the spartan hall with off-white finishing, the spacious master bedroom with attached bath half the size, and... books everywhere. On the coffee table at the living room, at the end of the dining table, on the shelf beside the toaster in the kitchen, on the bed side table (few of them), on the bed and study table, next to the bath tub, and of course more serious ones, mixed on the bookshelf. Basically, books are every where in the house.
Yes, you got it. I love books. I love reading. I read almost anything. If I like the author's writing style, I will have many of his/her books. That's normal. I'm just another book lover.
Not too long ago, I asked my uncle what I need to do if I were to open a bookstore. My father was listening in. He later remarked to my uncle, "she wants to open one because she wants to read the books, not because she wants to sell them". Okay, I admit, it crossed my mind, but, it'll defeat the purpose of opening a bookstore, right?
There's no point in this post. I just want to share with you one of my interest. Someone told me sometime ago that I have a very un-Malaysian hobby. It warms my heart to see more Malaysians are reading now. But it pains me to see that I mostly bump shoulders with people who are not really mine. If you get what I mean. I guess, they are more into Akademi Fantasia stuff, eh?
So, this is the list of my new books:
- P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern (this book is now a motion picture starring Hillary Swank, Gerard Butler and Lisa Kudrow. Am so going to look for the DVD!) - Read
- Heart-shaped Box by Joe Hill - Read
- The Dante Trap by Arnaud Delalande - Reading It
- Blood Brothers by Nora Roberts (Will go and get the second book soon)
- Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom (old one, I know - 20% discount)
- The Cupid Effect by Dorothy Koomson (it was at 50% discount and I need a little silly read too)
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom (another old one - 20% discount)
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (1st book in the series - at RM20.90)
- Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer (3rd book in the series - 15% discount)
- The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho (they initially charged me the actual price instead of the discounted amount which is RM26.90; only realised it when I'm back at the office, so had to walk back to KLCC)
- For One More Day by Mitch Albom (RM24.90)
- Me and Mr. Darcy by Alexandra Potter (30% discount - and I just love everything about Mr. Darcy)