May 31, 2006

I made it!!

I thought I walked into the wrong hall. Aunties and uncles, the lot. But when I checked, it's the correct one, and sat down at seat C7.

The documentary, for that's what it is, does not glorify Chin Peng. Nor does it claim communism is an ideal solution. But it does not brand Chin Peng and The Revolution as terrorist either. The 90 minutes you're watching it, you're asked to think. And reflect. So, what is so wrong about that?

History is recorded differently based on who's doing the recording. What we learnt in school was what we were told to remember and understand. There is nothing wrong to see the same history from different pairs of eyes. At the end of the day we, ourselves, make the decision what is right and wrong according to our beliefs and idealism. In fact, we should not be making judgement, for each one of us see things differenty.

I like the assimilation that exist in the film. It's what our lives supposed to be, calling ourselves a multi-racial community. The first hearty chuckled was cracked in the hall when an Indian-looking-Chinese-speaking man with a Malay name started to tell the story when he was a small kid. What race the man was is not important. He's Malaysian after all. I feel that that moment is the greatest description of how a Malaysian should be.

Lelaki Komunis Terakhir will still be banned in Malaysia. It will always be, as far as I could see. Why? Because indirectly, it's saying that the present management is unfair and... hypocrite. I don't think that was the intention of the director to potray it as such, but that's what I see.

I don't know how much longer the cinema will run the screening. I'm just lucky it still is while I'm still here in Temasek.

Amir, if one day you should stumble upon my humble blog and read this, I want you to know that I love every single minute of the movie. And I know you won't stop spreading your 'sights' just because it's banned here. One day, God will, the rest of us will be able to enjoy it too.

So, I'm coming back to KL tonight. Somehow, I cannot wait to be back. And it's only been three days. It felt like three weeks. God bless.

6 comments:

D.N.A.S said...

Wuhuuuu, I'll be in Temasek this Sunday....!!! but I'll be with 4 guys, so I don't think they'll want to watch Lelaki Komunis Terakhir. Anyway, which cinema lah makcik?

Hajar said...

dnas: Happy shopping!!! It's the refurbished Cathay Cineplex, Handy Road. I think the branch just opened near The Curve, kan?

Nour said...

I was bloghopping and found your blog. Pretty interesting blog you have here. As for the entry, I would agree that each one of us see things differently. I dont think I will ever have the chance to watch the movie "lelaki kominus terakhir"...but am glad some of us managed to!

Anonymous said...

hey nour dont worry, i'm sure u'll be able to watch it coz some bloke will definitely put it up on the internet...

Hajar said...

nour: tq for dropping by. come back again and again! ;-) btw, the sale was superb. boleh kirim tak when u go there? hehe..

anon: hmm... too bad, eh?

Amir Muhammad said...

You are a much more rajin blogger than me. Thanks!