May 30, 2006

Sleepless, but not in Seattle

I'm in the land down under. No, no, not Australia.. Just Temasek. And the Great Sale is here!!

What is it with being human and never feeling satisfied and impatient on top of that? There are two ways to look at it, in a good way, and in a not-so-good way.

We are told time and again to count our blessings so that we are thankful always. But over and over we never fail to remind ourselves of our shortcomings. Things that we're lacking. Goals that we have not achieved. And the countless times we have to kick our backsides just so we realise that we are after all... humans.

A friend told me that "more than 95% of the world's most successful ppl (like Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Mel Gibson & etc) had more valleys than peaks in their life" when I again grumbled about my loss of passion with the job that I do and how I don't have anything to be proud of so far. (He's sending me a bill for the motivational session, by the way... :-p) The fact that these people have nothing to do with me did not make me feel better. But the fact that they are persistent in what they are doing is some what reflect upon me.

There is a saying "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you land among the stars." Now, at first, I said being one of the stars are better, because they actually produce their own fire. And the moon is just reflecting it. In short, the moon is an opportunist. While the stars... are the ones who do all the work. And I concluded, be a moon then. I have finally cracked the secret of success. Which is not to do anything. Just pretend to be something. He he he...

I guess there are lots of ways to be optimistic in life. And optimism most often than not actually gives out positive vibes which in turn, embraces fruitful outcomes. Life's like that, I supposed. And I just don't know what else I want to say...

1 comment:

Nour said...

Hiya,
So how was the grand sale in Singapore? Hehehe
Since I will be heading of to Spore end of this mth, thought of asking you what to expect when I am actually there...Hopefully there are still good deals by end of June :)