May 26, 2006

It's Fridaaaaaaay!

I found myself to be kept abreast with the happenings around me when I'm away from the office. I was away for a week last week, well.. not really far just down south. But never did I miss the prime time news or reading the newspaper, albeit I had to do it at night. Nonetheless I knew what's going on in the world.

My normal day, usually, starts at half past six in the morning. Lately I've been arriving at work quite early, since it only takes 15 minutes in the morning rush hour to reach the office from my place. Driving, that is. I try to end my work day by 6, promptly and head back home just in time to catch my all time favourite sitcom, The Nanny. During the breaks for ads, I may start something in the kitchen which can be losely call, dinner. If it's simple enough I should be able to sit in front of the entertainment box, enjoying the last 10 minutes laughter while tucking in.

The rest of the evening... well, I should be able to catch on the prime time news, eh? But I don't. It maybe because of the movie channel, or disney channel, or cartoon network.. ish.. ish.. ish.. No wonder... And if there's nothing interesting enough to keep me glued to the couch, I head to bed at approximately 10:30pm.
I know... I know... there are so many hours wasted, that I could be using it for something else. I'm trying to change that now, by practicing slow-reading. When I start to read, I normally would be able to finish it in a day or two. I just cannot put the book down. I've had times where I read until it's 4am in the morning, and it's actually a book that I've read before. I was just re-reading it. So, I've just started to learn to pace my reading so I'd be able to stretch a 200 pages book in.. probably four days? Five?

Anyway, I digress. These days, I try to catch up on the news every morning. Electronically, obviously. NST, Malay Mail. And at times at Kakiseni, and yesterday I just got to know that Rentakkini is finally F.O.C. Thank you!! I also do a lot of... bloghopping of course. There's just so much happening out there that I wish I'm part of it! Interesting lives these people lead. Lot's of wonderful, scary stuff around us these days...

I read today that a school in Johore is charging its students when going to the washrooms outside recess hour. Reason being, students like to waste time and it's interrupting the teachers with their teaching. Parents are crying foul because they have to stop at the petrol station on the way back home so that their kids can go wee-wee. The washrooms have just been upgraded apparently. Nice, primier types? Hmm...

It's Friday everyone. Enjoy the weekend. I know I will...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TGIF...

UglyButAdorable said...

waa....15minutes from workplace..dang girl!!! that's luxury beyond imagination..no traffic..