May 20, 2006

Lite Read


Life at its core.

I just finished this book. The book was published in 2004. It just so happen it's the only book that looked interesting amongst the others on the shelf in the bookstore at the airport. So to kill time, I just pick it and paid. Didn't cost that much anyway.

It actually reminded me those times when I actually enjoyed dipping my hands in soild, planting shrubs and stuff. I used to have 12 pots of roses. Different colours. They were beautiful. But I guess, pouring too much love and time on them was not a good move. Well, besides the not-so-suitable weather and my unwillingness to use pesticide.

I still help my mum with the planting now and again, but I never really spend my time gardening anymore. It was too heart wrenching when looking at my 'children' dying slowly. I should've sticked to the normal flowers instead of taking my chances with roses, eh? But then.. life won't be so interesting if you don't take risks, will it?

Back to the book. The telling is pretty straight forward, nothing dramatic about the story line, just a simple tale about everyday people. About making mistakes and patching it up. About greed and how kindness prevails. It's a light reading without twist and turn.

How is everyone, by the by?

No comments: