May 26, 2006

Before I leave for the day...

I know... I know... It's almost the end of the day, and I've sort of wished you all a happy weekend this morning. But, I just can't resist writing about this. I really, really have to let it out from my head.

I've been thinking about it for so long, I think I've blurted it out more than once to a bunch of friends. Lucky me, they agree. Well, at least they find it agreeable with them.

I believe we should demolish our current education system. All of it. Seriously. Well, maybe some of you might have the same sentiment, abolishing the current system, that is. Maybe we have the same reasons, in fact. I feel strongly about this because I see separation amongst us, Malaysians (And you think I'm not patriotic... Duhh).

This concept of having Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan, Sekolah Kebangsaan and what not. It's a big NO-NO. We are being deprived of harmonious, serene living. Because of this concept, children from different religions and races do not mix well. Oh... thank God for the NS, I guess, at least the kids nowadays learn something else besides their own people. Regardless of the troubles amidst the camps.

Anyway, I'm digressing. I want to talk more about this. I just need to get it out a bit, that's why I'm writing it today. Just call this a preview for my next post. I will take the weekend to recollect my thoughts on this and hopefully in the next post I make more sense than today's erratic one.

No comments: