May 24, 2006

Urmm...

Read the book, watch the movie? OR
Watch the movie, read the book? OR
Read the book, don't watch the movie? OR
No need to read the book, it'll be a movie one day...

I was not too engrossed while watching the movie. I am talking about The Da Vincci Code film here. It was not 100% by the book, but it was... okay. Three out of five stars, I think. It's something like staying in Crystal Crown JB, the food was very nice, but the room was so-so. I don't know what's wrong with the movie, but it was just not engaging enough.

Throughout the movie, I noticed my legs getting the cramps (TGV should upgrade their seats...), I had the inclination to chat with my friend, I kept on looking all around the cinema, looked at the people, the fact that some were leaving made it worse. I was not glued to the screen. Maybe it was because I've read the book. But, I read LOTR before I went to watch the movie, I was... entranced. So, it couldn't be because of the reading. Thus the three blinking stars for The Code.

I'm sure most of you have watched the movie. To those who have not, I don't recommend the movie if you're not a fan with "talking" movie, because you have to listen to a lot of facts/fictions and arguments. Oh... but I applaud the way the facts were presented, because they have some sort of flashback to accompany the story. That was nice. A good way of presenting facts without making the audience bored. Anyway, I suggest to read the book first.

Hmm... Next movie is X-Men III.

1 comment:

D.N.A.S said...

Jade,
the makcik sitting next to me went 'ooooooh' and 'aaaaaah' during the movie, I don't know what was wrong with her. Maybe Silas really turned her on... hahahah.