May 15, 2007

Conveniently in Love

Last night I watched a movie on Hallmark channel. Love Comes Softly.

Sometimes love is not all about fireworks. Sometimes love comes softly...
Sarah Graham to Marty Claridge-Davis

I would want some fireworks in my relationship. Without it would possibly be dull. Don't you think so?

It's a story of a lady who became widow when her husband tragically killed after their recent move to the north-west. On the same day she buried her husband, she entered a marriage of convenience. She needed the shelter through the winter and he, a mother figure for his growing up daughter. He promised that he would pay for her passage back when spring came.

It's a moving story. Simple and straight forward. It speaks of love and destiny, of God's will and love. And how, something that you least desired can actually be a good thing for you, because it's God's will. All three characters were grieving for each own loss. It's a story of how tears were replaced with laughter, how strangers came together as a family.

The wagon is leaving soon, but I do not want to go. Ask me to stay...
excerpt from Marty's note to Clark

Marty wrote a note to Clark and slipped it into his Bible. The note however was not read because it fell down when Missie (the daughter) came to collect her father's soiled clothes.

What is it about women and our needs to write things down instead of telling the men straight to their faces?

I think I want to adopt a cat. Or maybe I should stick to gardening...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Salaam Jade

i know u luv to watch Grey's Anatomy, but for more 'deeper' stuff try Six Degrees (tonite at 8.30).

me think its less artificial than GA.