May 21, 2007

Recap of the weekend


Yesterday I finally started something that I've planned for so long. Potted garden at the balcony. It's still in the early stages, only four potted plants, and still very much naked in presentation. I will shop for a rectangular platform to arrange the pots. Then, I will add few more greens to the selection. As at now, I have three Japanese roses and an aloe. (Sorry no pictures yet since, well... I'm devoid of my camera phone and digicam). I will also add a pot or two of roses. Tea rose would be easier to take care, but hybrid would be fancier.

Several years back, I used to have 10 pots of roses of different colours. And when they bloomed, my mom would look at them and smile. While I was attending to them, I would talk and errr... sing to them. Yeah, I'm queer that way.

I am also planning to get a cat. A friend of my friend, wants to get rid three of his five cats and I've in mind to get one of them. So, that means I also need to shop for the cage and cat food. I went to SPCA website and saw this one very cute cat who seems to be calling my name to take him home. Haih. So, how?

Other updates... There are two weddings in the family within the next two weeks. One on my mom's side the other on my dad's. I will be actively involved in the latter as it's my cousin who's ending his bachelorhood. I'm told that I'm going to be the emcee for the event. This would not be the first time and I doubt it's going to be my last. Hopefully I will not have to be the emcee for my own wedding!

Talking about weddings... The couples are getting younger and younger (...or maybe it's because I'm getting older! Hahaha...). I sure am not the sour grape when the family is talking about weddings and getting married. In fact, I rejoice and feel happy for my younger cousins. Also, I am a bit in awe because they are confident to take that journey. Kudos!

The tulips I got my Mom has slowly withered. Kinda faster compared to the one I brought back from Amsterdam last time...

I have not finished reading IAM. I realise now that books such as this should be read at fast pace and not taking time to finish it. When you lose the momentum it just slows everything down. I experienced the same when I was reading Jeremy Clarkson's. That was far worse, because after some time I felt that he was more whining than relaying his adventures. Anyway, I will post my insights on Dina Zaman's IAM soon.

I am so sleepy now, I have actually forgotten what I want to blog about. And now everything seems to be in bits and pieces.

I bid you good day. I'm hoping my BodyBalance class today will revitalise me. Tata all.

1 comment:

UglyButAdorable said...

ye laaa biler loose momentum..slow laa..i'm reading adibah's as i was passing by...

u take care sis...and happy planting..