May 12, 2007

Tulips for Mak

We parked the car at Timesquare and made our way to Sg. Wang Plaza. As we reached the concourse area, I kept on saying I don't see any KLM counter or people carrying the flowers... He only smiled, the perfect companion he is.

Anyway, the counter was there, and I went up the stage. The girl in-charged told me that only orange coloured were left, the rest were sold out and they were closing soon. She said if I wanted to buy I should pay at the counter opposite the stage. He looked apologetic, he always do when I couldn't get what I wanted or things are not moving my way. I said, no biggy, I'll just get 'em orange ones! So I went and paid for four stalks, went up the stage again and get my flowers.

I got my mum tulips for Mother's Day tomorrow! Yeay!

I found out only yesterday that KLM annually brings a couple of thousands of tulips every year to Kuala Lumpur for charity. This year the proceeds will go to the Neo Natal ICU in Selayang Hospital. I hope they'll get their much needed medical equipment.

We then walked back to TimeSquare and headed for Borders. I've planned to buy Dina Zaman's I Am Muslim for quite sometime. And today, I got to meet her, and buy the book and have it autographed! Yeay! My very first autographed book!

Please visit I Am Muslim blog for more interesting and educational stories. I will of course, give my insights of the book after I've finished reading it. The first two stories cracked me up already.

I'm happy today.

3 comments:

UglyButAdorable said...

i must grab that book soon...and anyway sis..glad that you're happy now..

The Momster said...

i am planning to get tht book too,
n i didn't know abt the tulips by klm... boohoohoo...

nway, glad u had a great time!!

Hajar said...

UBA: grab it!! happy on that day la kakak...

n|ns: get it! get it!