May 27, 2007

The Replacement

With a heavy heart, I hereby introduce "Si Putih". Yes, I have a habit of naming all my possessions...

When I went out yesterday to acquire a new set, I have not actually made up my mind which one I really wanted. There's Samsung's slimmest 3G phone, SGH Z370 which were quite attractive but I did not quite feeling it while I held it when I was scouting last week.

I then resorted to three options; simplest phone without too much hassle. When I stepped into Sg Wang yesterday, I was going to see and physically compare these three.

Upon reaching the booth, and a little what-I-need intro, the sales girl brought out this model, K550i. Suffice to say, I got hooked the moment I held it in my palm, went to surf the net to read some reviews, and came back to get the phone. If you feel intrigued to read, this is a good review.

I should also mention here that after walking away from the booth and having the unit safely tucked into my handbag, I sort of had a panic attack. Yeap. You read that right the first time. I felt like I was going to black out, my palms went clammy, I could not breathe. You might say that I'm over-reacting, but that's what happened. I needed a glass of red drink to soothe my nerves; apple + tomato + carrot juice.

The damage? A whopping RM880; AP set and 512MB M2 SanDisk card. The phone also comes together with the charger, hands-free set, USB data cable and software CD. Haih.

So far, Si Putih keeps me interested. There's this function that I particularly like. The Remote Control function. He he he... I'm not quite sure when I'd be using it to control my media player, but the presentation, well... just might prove to be useful.

Owhh... since this phone comes with 2Mpx camera, I won't be getting a new digital camera anytime soon.

Still missing MING though.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...nice phone.i love the remote feature too,good for presentation. I've used it...and for those people who were not technology savvy...they were really impressed with the feature.

Angel Eyes said...

Welcome on board Si Putih.

Be good to my dear friend ok... love ya!

Hajar said...

AE: should eh.. hehe..

gravtkills said...

awat tak beli the K800/810i? or the superslim W880i?

Hajar said...

gravt: not looking for 3G... btw, this one, internal memory is 64MB.. hehe..