July 31, 2008

Talk Trash To Me, Please?

What is it with men and profanities? I am amazed with the amount of vulgar words that they use when talking with friends and yet they are still close knit band of buddies. Let's not talk about the trash they yell when idiot drivers or mat rempits pass them by. Those are even more shocking!

I have my own share of words that I consider rude; to be used when I'm late or to idiot drivers and mat rempits or mistakes that I make or spilling juice on the sofa, etc. BUT they are always disguised with additional vowels or sounds or different spelling. No need to give examples here. I confess, sometimes, the actual words just come out as it is. The fact is that I will never use these words when talking with my girlfriends. Well, I know some of my girlfriends do, but it goes with their personality.

Men on the other hand, apparently use these words affectionately and with no judgment. I am truly amazed. Just last night, in the car, driving to dinner, Capal Perak received a call from his friend. It started with greetings that included "Waalaikumussalam" and "Alhamdulillah". The next thing I knew, between the laughter came the strings of words that left my mouth gaping open (the words weren't THAT bad, I'm exaggerating, but still I won't be using it with my friends), with disbelieving smile. The call ended with them setting a ballpark time to meet for brunch. He turned to me and said, "That was my laughing buddy".

And you know what? When we sat down for dinner, the guy sitting at the table beside us, was talking on the phone and happily use the same profanity again and again during the conversation. He was laughing. His friend, another man, who's sitting with him was also laughing.

Men. They never cease to amaze me. That is why I love them. Even if they sometimes make me feel like blowing their heads off their shoulders.

3 comments:

maszuzu said...

errr..boleh kah bagi example akan profanities itu..maybe we shud try talking like tht..n lets see wht they think of us...hehehee

Anonymous said...

bahasa mencerminkan keperibadian.. hehhe..

Hajar said...

maszuzu: hmmm... we'll be so hip people will be scared of us!

6ky angel: hmm.. not necessarily kot. at least these people are honest. bukan setakat manis mulut, ye tak?