July 10, 2008

A Phone Call After

SilverB called Abah about the trip tomorrow. Here's what happened...

SilverB: I talked to you father already...
Jade: Okay... so what did he say?
SilverB: He asked me to remind you on few things.
Jade: What things? He didn't say anything when I called him earlier...
SilverB: He said, be more lady-like, behave yourself properly and take care.
Jade: Whaaaaaatttt?????
SilverB:

You would think that I'm a spoilt brat or something. And the first reminder, let see... I heard it the first time when I was 18. I was fresh out of high school, going to college. I talked about joining the Explorer Club like what I did when I was in MRSM. Abah immediately said,"No more of those. It's time to be more lady like..."

I can never be accused of behaving like a tomboy. Seriously. Seriously??? Isk. I cut my hair very short once, when I was 14, but only because the aunty made a very short version of Princess D's hairstyle. I wear jeans, but I wear skirts too. I wear make-up the first time when I was 16. My brother did a double take seeing my smacking red lips. I loooooooooooooveeeeee boys. I like dolls and played pondok-pondok or masak-masak. I did play with LEGO, cars and pistols as well. But only because I'd be bored to death playing on my own since I have three brothers and no sisters. I can climb trees, but every self-respecting kampung girls could do that! I could put up a tent and go trekking up the mountain. I hate sewing, but my stitches are better than most people I know.

I would say I'm pretty much a balanced kind of person. I admit I don't get skirmish over spiders or mouse that'd make me jump onto a chair. I don't care for designer bags or clothes or shoes (I still don't understand the hype about COACH), but I make sure my gadgets are of reliable brands. But that doesn't mean I'm no lady, right? I still have some fashion sense, even though I'd go for something priced RM150 and below. He he he...

Anyway, B, you better take that smile out of your face. I'd bludgeon you with whatever I can get my hands on when I see you tomorrow... So what if I fight like a boy... :-p

ps: Please make a dua for my Pak Long in Bedok. He's very ill now. He's leaving us very soon. My parents are on their way to Singapore today.

No comments: