July 9, 2008

I, Snappy Happy Dwarf


I have a new toy. Yes, I do. Yes, I do.

I was primed for camera shopping. Nevertheless, I know I could go on without one for long, long time. I'm sustainable that way, if I choose to. The camera was on sale, and I'm in the mood of being persuaded by a sales person. Although, I confess, I don't require that much persuading. I just love to see and to hear a sales person trying to persuade me, albeit me feigning reluctance to part with my non-existence greens. I like it when the sales person start to explain this and that, in hope I will be swayed. So, swayed I must, and I make another person happy. Who? The sales person, of course! He's so happy, he gave me lots of free gifts without me asking it. Maybe I could've asked for a tripod...

I read reviews for two other cameras that I had my eyes on, Sony Cybershot T300 and Olympus Miu 1010. Both are lovely slim cameras. But a lunch outing with the love of my life, and a visit to the Canon outlet, I just ka-ching for PowerShot A570 IS, without even knowing the verdicts by the experts. Later though, Silver told me that it's the same camera that Maria Sharapova's dog posed for. I remember that ad.

So, what made me decide to get this model? He he he... It's the possibilities. The sales person said this is a semi-pro camera, where I could practice my skills and then move on to DSLR thereafter. But that's not what got me swayed. It's the possibilities of attaching other conversion lenses to that small thing! Owh, I read the review when I get back to the office. And it's a pretty excellent little clicker, I would say.

The camera is heavenly to be held. It fit nicely in my palm, and it feels firm. Owh, it has a viewfinder too! It has all the manual functions a three thousand bucks camera has, but easier to handle. At 7.1 mega pixels, I have more than enough to make me snappy happy. Owh, let's not forget the 4X optical zoom and the optical image stabiliser. I know this camera was out since late last year, but hey, for such small snazzy thing, I wouldn't mind talking about it as if it just came out yesterday.

Okay, in the box, it came with the manuals, CD, cables, camera strap and an inferior 16Mb memory card. For backup, the sales person said. But at super fine image setting, it can hold only 4 shots. He he he... What comes free with the camera are 2GB SanDisk memory card, camera pouch and 2 GP rechargeable NiMh AA batteries (2700 Series) plus charger. The sales person also throw in a Canon backpack because he said I'm a leng-loi (like I don't know... hahaha...) and I got a screen protector for RM30. That last bit was not really important, but I just felt a little generous, so buy away!

I started to read the manual yesterday (yes, I do read manuals of new stuff that I buy). Maybe today I'll do more of the practice bit. All in all, I'm happy happy with the camera. Cute little thing, albeit being a bit bulky. But that's okay. So, any snappy happy outing, let me know ya?

What's your camera?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mentang2 la nk p sarawak weekend ni.. beli camera siap2 eak.. huhuhuhu..

vedd said...

congrats on your new cammy! I think that's a great P&S cammy, well worth the price :-)

happy shooting :D

Hajar said...

6ky angel: mesti!!

vedd: long time no see..!

Anonymous said...

hehe. i just bought one jugak.. not interested in the functions, tp becos it's RED! haha. gile teruk aku skang... impulsive purchase!