July 9, 2008

Translating a Letter?

I have always admired people who can speak more than two languages. I believe that my Chinese and Indian friends are most fortunate for being able to speak at least three languages since small, and different dialects thereafter. But for a "Sekolah Kebangsaan" student like me, we're being limited to two languages.

I have always wondered why we never had options to learn different languages when we were in school. In fact, apparently, this is a privilege is opened only for prestigious boarding school goers and probably private schools. That's just double standard, isn't it? For someone like me, to learn a new language, would mean paying extra for the classes. Attempts to learn on my own, are at best, mediocre.

The best part of knowing different languages is being able to communicate with more people. Your ability also can be used to do translation works. Imagine being able to perform Arabic translation, India translation or Farsi translation or Hindi translation... The possibilities are limitless. Do you know that you can charge by the hour for doing translation? Not to mention the possibility of charging based on the number of words that you have to work on. Good way to generate side income, people!

Hmmm... I wonder if I manage to complete my French lessons, will I be able to do some translation work? As of now, I could start with English-Malay-English translation, I guess. Anything, anyone? He he he...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

belajar bahasa cina la..

Anonymous said...

Hello Jade
Once a situation occur with me when I have to translate the work from English to Arabic which is very tough job for me because I was not aware of Arabic terms. I search the web for language translation tools and found English to Arabic translation which solves my problem. It is an high-quality translation available on net at free of charge.