July 15, 2008

I'm Back!

Kuching was... wonderful.

The weekend trip was eventful, right from the start. When we arrived at LCCT, the check-in counter was closed already. I hate to rush, so a bit of sourface befo
re boarding. What made it worse, I was terribly hungry. And remember the quote "a hungry Jade is a grumpy Jade"? It didn't help at all. He he he...
Even so, I know I shouldn't behave that way, what with my father's reminder kan? So, mood considerably lighten once we took off. And I started to wear my Snappy Dwarf hat.

The sky was very clear on Friday evening, despite a bit of unwelcome turbulance...

The full-house cabin


Arriving in Kuching

I started to have gammy knees once we touched down in Kuching. Cuak okay? As I conveyed my feelings between my teeth to him, he told me to smile. I already had my nervous smile plastered on my face, didn't know how bigger the smile can go. So I laughed. And he laughed too. I guess, that was how his father saw us together the first time.

And then, it was time to meet his mother. When she came home from work, we were at the TV room. He signaled to me to follow him. I followed half way and then stopped. Turned back and rub my clammy hands on my jeans. His brother laughingly said, "Nervous eh?" To which I replied, "Mau tak?" and we laughed. Then I turned back towards the front door, and put my best nervous smile. Ahahaha...

We went out to dinner after that. Barbeque dinner by the way. So, there were beef, lamb, salmon, potato and satay.

Nyaman!

The next morning, we had Laksa Sarawak somewhere in town. I forgot the name of the place. He he he.. Did not take a picture of the delicious stuff nor the makan place. And after that he and I headed to Santubong to buy the tickets for Rainforest Music Festival. Had nice pictures of Gunung Santubong on the way and loads more pictures at the Cultural Village.


Gunung Santubong

This is Melanau Tall House

On the way back to Kuching, we stopped to eat rojak buah and sotong kangkung.




That night, I enjoyed the music tremendously. Couldn't say the same thing for the crowds though. I think a lot of the younger people are there only to have an excuse to drink uncontrollably. And then, they cannot hold their drink, they puke everywhere. Idiots. It was also the place to bare your midriffs, apparently... There were nice sexy ones, there were some which should be left covered, eh. He he he...

It was my first time to a concert. After 30 years of living.

The next day we went to Serikin. We arrived midday. Apparently, on Sunday they close at 2pm. So, shopping time! Sorry, was busy spending, did not take pictures. Except for this delicious orange juice.

Air oren yang superb!

That evening, he brought me to Kg. Gerisik. We took the sampan from the jetty there to the Waterfront. Some more souvenier shopping. According to him, we stopped at every stall, and everytime we stopped, I bought something. Which is a total exagerration by the way...

This will be the new DUN
(he said it looks like one of the evil fortress in a computer game)

That's how close the water to the sampan!

The next morning, he brought me to eat Mi Kolok and Mi Jawa for breakfast. It was delicious! Makan ajer la aku ini...

Mi Kolok

Mi Jawa

We left Kuching on Monday night. Feeling so exhausted today, that I couldn't get myself to go to work. I was talking to Mak, didn't realise the time. And by then, Abah was already hungry for lunch. He he he...

All in all, it was a great trip. Love it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lps ni blk raya sarawak lg la kwn aku nie... ahaks.. jauh sey... :p

D.N.A.S said...

Oh itu rupanya mee kolok. Selama ni aku ingatkan mee Golok.... hehe

Hajar said...

6ky angel: ameen kan aja...

dnas: ya betul! sangat sedap it's addictive!

vedd said...

Yeap... been a long time, too busy with work :D my blog and flickr pun dah lama tak update.. and my pixs dah cecah angka giga tak diprocess hehe..

Anyway, lovely shots and you handle your new gun well!

Anonymous said...

aih. kene pegi nih nk rase mee kolok. kalo rase2 nk jdk addicted, boleh lah pesan from u kan.... hehehe. congrats beb! berjaye mengharungi fasa itu :D

Hajar said...

vedd: always love your pictures. nak berguru ler... hehe..

adlina: hahaha... :-p i tell you, kat sana, makan ajer laaa...