July 23, 2008

The Joker Begins

I personally feel that it is a more appropriate title for Batman: The Dark Knight. Joker was the center of this chapter. And Batman, he was like a puppet running around attending to Joker's plan, behaving as expected. He was... sidelined.

This happened either because Heath Ledger was a much better actor than Christian Bale, or the storyline is simply concentrating on introducing the villains. Either way, I enjoyed the movie, although I did feel it got a tad draggy; there were at least three climaxes, people! And the first two turned out to be anti-climaxes until the final showdown. Hah! Brilliant!

I told Capal Perak that maybe Heath Ledger was so troubled or affected by his role as the Joker that made him accidentally ended his life. Anyway, here's to the magnificent Joker impersonation by Heath! Love it! The couldn't be another Joker like what I've seen last night. He set the bar very high for another to follow.

Christian Bale as Batman is a perfect match. He's good looking; even looked much better than before; and carries the character's personality very well. The directors made the right choice when they decided to cast him as the lead. The film that made me first remember him was Equilibrium. The movie was not that great, but he just look so yummy. Not to mention partnering with Taye Diggs. He he he... Two gorgeous sizzling hot men in a movie. Who wouldn't remember, eh?

Morgan Freeman. What else can be said about this man? Give any role to him, he'll just aced it. No questions about that. Love the way he told off the accountant when the latter tried his hands at blackmailing. It's just speaks Morgan in every way; the lines, the facial expression, the smile. Love it!

Not forgetting Aaron Eckhart and Michael Caine. As well as Gary Oldman. All of which great actors as usual. Maggie Gyllenhaal only made the character Rachel to be remembered at her end. Seriously, that's how I feel. Even then, it was not that great.

All in all, I give this new chapter in Batman saga a 4 star. Why 4? The lack of capable woman in the movie. I feel strongly when there is no girl power in a movie. He he he... Call me sexist, I don't care. One thing for sure, all through out the movie, I miss Heath Ledger more and more. It's a terrible loss.

****

No comments: