July 6, 2006

Zombie Day

I'm feeling like a zombie. I might even look like one. No, it's not because of the early morning match (bravo for the French, by the way. sob sob). In fact it's on a total different reason. Late night movie. Superman Returns.

What do I have to say about the movie? Hmm... I don't feel particularly ecstatic that he came back and fought the evil once more. There is no continuation from the previous movies. The dialogue was weak. Really. There was this one scene where Lois was explaining to Superman that Clark told her the possible reason on why Superman left. And Superman reaction was, "Clark?" and Lois answered, "A guy that I work with". Now... correct me if I'm wrong, but in the previous movies, it was made clear that Clark is close to Superman as well. And I don't understand the obvious distance between Clark and Lois, Clark and Jimmy, Lois and Jimmy. It's like they've never been through life together before. The movie is just... wrong.

I don't know, maybe I'm not really into this Superman thingy and I admit I don't read the comic (I read Wira Tunggal though!) but what little I know about Superman and Clark and the people around him is much more than this. Maybe it's the actors and actresses. Maybe it's the screen play. But the dialog was lame. Imagine Lois's ease of stepping on Superman's feet and then acted surprise when she was actually hovering over the air with Superman. Like duhh?? She's been flying with that living bullet proof for years.

"The film is magnificently mounted, it moves like a speeding bullet and it's so respectful of Superman traditions that even the pickiest of die-hard fans should love it."

-- William Arnold, SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER

Well, I'm sorry Mr Anorld, the movie moves like a constipated snail. But then again, I'm not a professional critic. In fact, the rating at RottenTomatoes is quite high. I shall say no more. Go and watch if you want. But if you don't you don't lose anything.

--------------------------

So, it's been almost a month for me freequenting the gym. I wish I could do the BodyBalance class everyday. It really helps to sooth the nerves. He he he... No, I'm not a hypochondriac. I found myself to be low on the patience level and that doesn't make me feel good. Today, is my one to one session with the personal trainer. Looking forward to it, but lazy at the same time. But I've got my Superman backpack in the car.

I think I'm being too hard on myself. Once a friend told me that I want to move too fast in life. I want to have everything instead of living the day as it is. Well, I'm just tired of watching other people getting into the game and winning you see. So, I want my piece of the cheese cake too. But it seems like it's not going to happen anytime soon. And I am forced to wait. Something that I'm not really good at when it come to my on self preservation. But I realise now, maybe because of this attitude of living two steps ahead, when I suppose to live for now, that I'm always moving two steps backward. Please people, if you have any suggestion, let me know. Help me to live on here and now.

Adios.

9 comments:

D.N.A.S said...

I'll have to go watch Superman Returns coz my kids dah bising2 since 2 months ago. I think I'll get really confused sebab dah banyak sangat tengok Smallville. Luckily I don't remember anything from the previous Superman movies (biasalah, memory lapse now and then...hihihi).

vedd said...

I don't know about the rest of you but it was a damn good movie.. Really shows the meaning of the man of steel returning... And seriously I got goose bumps on most of the parts ... *sighs* I'm watching it again :D

Hajar said...

dnas: ehehe.. angkut jer.. eh.. i went kat cathay cineleisure tu...

vedd: special effects mmg best la. maybe i just don't get the movie kot. i left the hall feeling hollow. :-p

Catwalk said...

Hi Jade,

I´m Heiko from Germany and got on your blog by a fluke.
It´s funny, that you search for continuity and "good dialogues" in a Superman movie. ;-)

By the way: I hope that you do not look like a zombie.... I did after the Semifinals...

Hajar said...

z_rulez: hello! thanks for dropping by! well.. i thought it would be more... intelligent? hahaha... and no, i don't exactly look like a zombie. thank goodness! btw, come back again!

The Momster said...

i'm not that keen to watch superman but keen to get those tiny superman tees for my boy... hahahaha... cute!! n yup, like dnas i thk i'll get it mixed up with smallville too hehehe...

UglyButAdorable said...

just live and let live jade. live like you gonna live forever and pray like you're gonna go tomorrow. life will leads it way..dun worry too much..

gravtkills said...

how did the session with the personal trainer go? did they pester u to sign up for the packages?

Hajar said...

nahlah: dah tgk ke?

Adorable: semestinya.. :-)

gravt: not exactly pestering. i just cakap i can't afford it. hehe..