July 27, 2006

Looney Thursday

Overhead on the FlyFM Bad Comedy Thursday:

Q: What does the necklace say to the hat?
A: You go ahead, I'll just hang around.

Q: What does the necktie say to the neck?
A: I'll just hang around.

Q: What do you get when you steamroll Batman and Robin?
A: Flatman and Ribbon

Now, I don't get it. Is it just me or those ARE actually bad jokes? Maybe it's just me and I really need that remote vacation Vedd is suggesting.

Okay. I just did a test. I asked the first question to my colleague and she laughed. I asked the third one and she laughed too except she didn't get why Robin becomes ribbon. Beats me, I said.

Heh! Call me blur. Call me oblivious. Maybe I am. In fact I'm asking my colleague repeatedly why were those funny. And she couldn't explain. Heh!

If you've known me for quite some time, you'd know I appreciate a hearty laugh and I enjoy comedies. In fact I prefer to watch romantic comedy than romantic drama. Because life is one huge comedy. :-p There I go, being philosophical again.

But can anyone please explain why I didn't get the jokes?

On another note, I'm going demented with the way my boss managing things. Well, you'd say who wouldn't, right? But seriously, I've never worked for a helter-skelter manager before and it's taking a toll on me. He runs here and there looking busy, but so far nothing is accomplished satisfactorily. He loves to organise one meeting after another, without conclusion and action. And most importantly he adores last minute instructions. That is, his instructions to his subordinates. Hmm... I might be making it worse than it is, but that's exactly what's happening now. He makes promises to the clients but never actually act on it. And when the clients are screaming for the tenth of thousand times (exaggerating again) he makes new promises.

Please someone, offer me a way out from this kookie bin. I know.. I know.. I'm a looney puff but I'm looney in a stable kind of way. Hehe... And I keep my deranged state to myself, except when I'm blogging. And I don't put people in difficult position. And I like people. And I want to help people. And I want to goreng with kicap put a little spice and make people believe that I have the solution for all their troubles. I am the almost-perfect (because nothing is perfect, you see...) psycho-consultant anyone ever dreamed of.

Seriously, isn't there any opening to work for secret organisations or undercover operations that needs a blur-looking-lady-who-can-act-half-her-age-with-a-blink-of-the-eyes anywhere?

I need my caffeine fix.

5 comments:

D.N.A.S said...

Jade,
i think by now we have so many 'stupid bosses' stories in our collection. Perhaps it is time to compile those and get the book published with the title 'Never Wrestle With That Stupid Pig'.
(There is a book entitled 'Never Wrestle With A Pig', anyway...)
Bwahahahahah.

Anonymous said...

that's why it is called FlyFM "BAD" comedy thursday...

Hajar said...

dnas: lets! lets! wakakaka.

anon: exactly! but why then everyone else is laughing at it? in fact, if the DJs are not laughing the comedy is deemed not suitable for "bad comedy"..

UglyButAdorable said...

sometimes we have good boss but the pay sucks..sometimes the pay is good the boss sucks..when can we have it both way?? my dear jade..i trully feel you!!

vedd said...

I think that is the reason that make me move from vendor-based companies to end-user.. It's kinda nice when you are the one giving headaches to the consultants and not the one who is receiving it :)
Plus no more working on extended time in the office hehe