July 16, 2006

Sunday Musing

I don't think about getting married or not. Much. But when my mak starts to talk about kenduri kahwin here and there, I stop mid-sentence. I push the mute button when my abah starts to say something. It's very unusual for him to say anything along that topic. About me getting cozy up with another man. Hmm...

And today to top it all off for the week, my brother, suggested to me to get married to Dr. Fazley. Yea, that famous singer-motivator-party planner. My brother said, now that Siti Nurhaliza doesn't want him, you go for it, kakak! Duhh... I don't know Dr. Fazley, but from afar, he's not really my cup of tea.

Anyway, love is so over-rated nowadays. I hear people throw the three words quite often. But they don't value the weight. And if that makes me jaded and sceptical, so be it.

Sometimes I wish I'm just a fish swimming lazily in the pond. Or better yet in a river. Free to roam wherever it may wish and with every single second of its life, praising the Almighty Lord. I figure they don't have too many things to worry. If they get caught and be eaten, that's just another value added to their lives. I'm babbling.

I'm an idealist and realist. I'm a sceptic and a romantic. Yes, a bit complicated I know. It's easy for me to care for someone. I just need to like him or her and think of them more than just casual friends. I look for good in people it just make my life easier. Even if I get stood up, I make excuses for them. Hey, I got all riled up, but it's just a waste of effort to be mad. And life is all about fun and games. If you concentrate too much on the tears, you lose the laughter that is all around you. So I can be weird at times, but if it makes me happy and it doesn't put anyone else in misery, just let me be.

Yes, it's easy for me to care. But it's not usual for me to throw the 'L' word. So, if you hear it from me, it must be something else. He he he. And care should be taken. For the line between love and hate is very thin. And when I say I don't, I mean it.

I'm babbling again. But it's Sunday. And it's a freaking hot one.

6 comments:

Nour said...

Hiya! What a hot and humid weekend eh!! I didnt leave the house for more than an hour!

Yeah I would agree love is such an over rated word these days, it should come from the heart and one shld really mean it when saying it.

No worries Jade, when the time comes and when you actually say it, I bet the other party surely knows that he is one lucky guy :)

vedd said...

If love is around, you'll just know it - even without any words spoken.. When everything is much sweeter, happier, funnier, prettier than it is.. That's the perfect moment of life (But I'm a guy, and guys probably see things differently.. no?)

P/s: Yes it was a hot Sunday but I got something COOL today :D

-v-

Anonymous said...

humid during the day but pretty cool at nite here.

"..they don't value the weight" yup, sum ppl utter the words wifout much consideration of the after-effects. *sigh*

and i agree wif vedd. nicely said.. =) till u go thru as wat vedd has described am not really quite there yet i guess..

Hajar said...

nour: yerp! he's the lucky one! haha...

vedd: aahh... been there.. done that. :-p

fatihah: the journey is sweeter, i supposed... ;-)

UglyButAdorable said...

jade nowadays even love have a price...but value?? hancuss.. where do you think we can find that love with values..dun forget to tell me if you find them..

The Momster said...

ouh... yday i was at at the tailor's and he was actually babbling away abt how ct like fazley but fazley's mom doesn't want ct due to status n such, therefore ct got mad n to show to fazley's mum, she turned to datuk k instead!! hihihi... like i care! but it's funny how ppl loves to make speculations eh?