July 5, 2006

Bola Itu Bulat

Song snippet for today:
...
The trouble with love is

It can tear you up inside

Make your heart believe a lie

It's stronger than your pride

The trouble with love is

It doesn't care how fast you fall

And you can't refuse the call

See, you got no say at all
...

The ball is indeed round. And in footie anything can happen. So, the host succumbed to defeat in their own territory. Just to prove that having the benefit of home ground does not guarantee success. Just to acknowledge that victory can be achieved elsewhere. But I digressed...


Between Germany and Italy, personally I prefer they met at the
finals. But that was not meant to be. Until Brazil's defeat last weekend, I was sure that the Brazilians will meet the Germans in the finals. I'm sure most expected that. I'm sad they lost, but I'm glad England lost too. Not overly enthusiastic, just glad. They are a bunch of pompous arses. So is the French. I hope they lost.

Truth is, I don't have any expectation anymore out of WC2006. All my teams have lost. Except Italy. So, I wish all the luck in the world to 'em Azzurri.

I watched this, the other day. I don't know how many times I've watched it. And I'm sure I can watch it again and again. The love-sick 12 year old. The unorthodox young prime minister (I just lurve Hugh Grant). Etcetra, etcetra. The movie might not be an award winning show, but the message of love is there.

Love transgress languages and geographical location. Love does not recognise social status or the job you have. You can't will someone to love you nor can you will yourself to love. It just is.

The message is heavy. But I think the director managed to pull it off nicely making sure the story line is light enough. It's all about love and feelings in this movie. Oh, there are few on lust too; the devilish secretary and the teenage boy who flew across the continent to use up a haversack full of condoms. I still can't stop chuckling everytime I thought about Rowan Atkinson's small part in the movie.

So, when you love someone, what do you do? You tell them, right? But do you expect to be loved back the same way you love them? Yes? No? Well, you shouldn't actually. Love is supposed to be unclinging. Without preservations. Without obligation. If the person feels the same way, hey, good for both of you. But if not, the love should be cherished. The friendship or relationship that you have should not be destroyed.

Anyway, I'm babbling. Still waiting here. Hallo!! Anyone out there? Ha ha ha... I believe there is place and time for everything. And there is someone for everyone. And everything happens for reasons that you might or might not understand. One thing for sure, is acceptance. And patience. God, please grant me the patience that I need and the wisdom to choose if I need to. :-)

Ciao.

1 comment:

UglyButAdorable said...

unconditional love..*sigh*..still waiting...