July 31, 2006

A prayer

I'm sure many of us are keeping abreast of what's going on in Palestine and Lebanon. I, ashamedly so, tried to block it off. Yes, I did. But negating the fact does not stop the bombing, shooting and massacre of innocent lives. Refusing to acknowledge what's going on and prefering to life in the limbo do not make things turn to the better.

I'm not a brave person. I shudder in terror everytime I see the images that are so graphic in the tele. My heart breaks everytime I see another lifeless child being carried away. I can only shed a tear when I see another mother raises her hand in agony, another wife cluctches her heart. It's heartbreaking. Why can't they see it? Feel it? There is not more humanity in this world.

But for Muslims, we know that this day will come. We have been told long time before where our sisters and brothers will suffer. But we never thought that it'll come in our time, did we? What can we do? What can we say? We blog to support. We donate to build. We talk to motivate. But the killing continues.

Please spend a minute today to make dua for our families over there. Make dua for our children who're losing their parents and siblings this very minute. May Allah have mercy on them and not prolong their suffering. May Allah take them to His grace and freedom. May the terror end sooner and the sinners brought to justice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like everybody is so afraid to comment on this topic...