January 2, 2008

Sing It!

It's the new year darlings! Yeay! Praise to the Lord we survived 2007 A-okay, insyaAllah. And if there were tears, hopefully the heart is settled and ready to face the new year. Of course, in a week, we'll have another new year celebration. It's the new Hijr year, 1429. Lovely, lovely month, this month. Not to mention yours truly is adding another soulful year to her own bio-calendar! Hahaha... The big three-oh u'ols! Yeay! Finally!

So, he mentioned to me just now in not so much word that means something like this "a man won't be a man if he doesn't have Sports Channel at home". I was telling him how the new package fee for Astro sucks. So, it brought me to a little list that I'm slowly, unconsciously compiling;

What Makes a Man Feels Like a Man
  1. Toolbox full of tools that he will not use
  2. Sports Channel on his cable that he rarely watch; except for the occasional Premier League or the "eat ball, sleep ball, drink ball, bath ball" season.
  3. Have all the latest upscale hi-tech multi-function gadgets that's mainly for his other male friends to go gaga over, and barely use 5% of the functions available.
  4. Fix his car, spend a fortune on them, so that they will not be a prey on the road and again for his other male friends to go gaga over. Owh... also as a "chick magnet".
  5. A wardrobe full of football jerseys that he'll definitely never wear. (by DNAS)
I should have more, since I also have another list for women as a comparison;

What Makes a Woman Feels Like a Woman
  1. A closet full of shoes that she will definitely wear, at least twice.
  2. Another closet full of handbags that again, she will definitely wear, numerous times.
  3. A collection of make-ups, at least lip gloss or lip balm, that she will obviously use, everyday, going out or not.
  4. Has gadgets in the kitchen that she will use whenever she wants to have something different to eat or drink.
  5. Dress for different occasion; definitely another closet.
So, if you have anymore to add to the list, let me know. ;-)

Lastly, I sincerely hope 2008 will be a better year for myself and everyone. It's a nice number and God willing nice things will happen. Whatever good things I do, I do for Him, and whatever naughty things I do, it's because of my own weakness and ignorance or just being plain stupid. So, I wish everyone well, some started the new year with a new partner, some with a new member and some still waiting and looking0, some even in some place new! Whatever the situation is, it's definitely better than before. And if we don't feel it now, we will feel it soon.

4 comments:

The Momster said...

Happy New Year Jade!!

Let's hope for a better year for us all :)

D.N.A.S said...

What makes my man feels like a man:
A wardrobe full of football jerseys that he'll definitely never wear.

Hajar said...

n|ns: same to you dear! may all the good things happen!

dnas: aahhh.. that's a good one! I'll add it in... ;-)

Lich said...

What Makes a Woman Feels Like a Woman?

How about this, none of the things you listed...except for a good loving and caring? Dare to say I'm wrong?