December 13, 2007

And the sun shines!

God is great. He granted my wish yesterday for the sun. Thank you, Lord. Love you! I'm sure it is still warm out there. But you know what, it's very, very cold in the office. I was so happy I could feel the warmth this morning that I was smiling eventhough some moron drivers made me honk them. It is indeed a glorious day. The sun made me more energetic and ready to face the challenges (?) today. Yes, I am being melodramatic. As usual.

So. I'm busy preparing presentation slides for next week's training. When preparing materials for user training, you're torn between providing too little information or too much. I'm doing my best to have less and less words in my slides. Putting a lot of graphics and silly anotations. But, at the end of the day, you are providing information and that's what you need to do, kan?

The first session will be somewhat technical because I'm presenting on the public key infrastructure concept. I struggled to make it less techy, because although my audience will be technical people, their.. well.. working background does not aspire them to do a lot of... well... thinking. Yesm I am being a little cruel, but the truth always hurt, right?

So, in the quest to educate them, I'm trying to make the knowledge more interesting. I understand now why my aunt, who's a lecturer to would-be-teachers, told me lecturing is not an easy job. This, however, is not my first time preparing training presentation. But normally, the audience is eager. This training session, mind you, have been postponed three times already. That to me, show how disinterested they are. But then again, I'm just the semut pekerja. So basically, I have to accomodate their schedule.

The second and third session will be more on the products that we supply and how to correctly maintain and administer them. I'm excited in knowledge sharing, that is why I'm making an effort to ensure the slides are catered to the audience.

It's been almost a year in Pudica. I've learnt a lot. Although it's getting mundane these days, I'm hoping more opportunities will be in store in months to come. I've taken some bold steps to ensure the opportunities are present, now I just need to pray that lady luck is on the same wave length. It's a little depressing to know that people with lesser skills and knowledge are getting a whole lot more, but I'm positive that my share will soon be given to me. So, patience, although it's a bitter fruit, it's rewarding in the end.

There is still no news on my car. I will call them later this afternoon to find out. ETCM will definitely be hearing from me. I'm praying everything will be done in time before my trip to Penang. Please God, grant this one more wish. I just don't trust the Sentra...

Having said that, I'd like to share this short video...



2 comments:

Angel Eyes said...

Hopefully your car will be out soon before the penang trip babe!

I don't trust sentra too

Azer Mantessa said...

selamat hari raya aidil adha ... maaf zahir dan bathin dan selamat menyambut tahun baru 2008.