June 19, 2006

Why I look forward to 6pm

Yes, it's the time to leave the office. But that's not it.

No, not because I'm meeting someone special. I definitely do not have one, unless you count Mr. Hippo who's always waiting for me on my bed at home.

Not The Nanny too. I've missed it for the whole week last week. And it's because of this new thing that I'm... involved in. The reason why I look forward to 6pm.

I did mention I have started jogging. And last week Monday, I gathered my courage and sign up for a gym membership. And last week I've been challenging myself to regain my long gone stamina.

And I must say, it's been really fun. Let me recount what happened...

Tuesday. I left the office promptly at 6pm and made my way to the gym, as quick as I can to attend the BodyBalance class. It's a combination of Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi. I found that I'm flexible enough as a novice, but I was a bit shaky on balancing and my coordination... let's not go there. The instructor promised that I'll be relaxed and my worries will go away by end of the class. He was right on the relaxation. He lied about the worries. After the class I ran on the treadmill. 30 minutes after, I was in the BodyStep class. Bl00dy he11. My stamina. Gone. My coordination. Another goner. My butt. Ached like nobody's business. I almost fell over while jumping up and down on the stepper. Duhh... But the class promises a well-toned legs and hump. I'll definitely go again.

Wednesday. Can't remember what I did. But I think I was not at the gym. He he he... Short term memory lost.

Thursday. Line Dancing. I was almost sure I couldn't make to the class. The traffic was really bad. But luck was on my side. I reached just in time. And the instructor had not arrive yet. It was fun. The instructor was a bit exasperated with me. I did mention about my un-coordinate limbs, right? And short term memory lost? I easily forgot the steps. Ha ha ha... After the class, I wanted to go home, but I was stopped by one of the trainers. He's always at the cardio machines area and he 'forced' me to run on the treadmill. He made me go on the stepper machine (which he promptly said that would tone my butt to which I said "thank you very much, that's what I need"), but I couldn't make myself 'light' enough to use it properly. So he instructed me to cycle. So I did. While watching Scrub on StarWorld.

Friday. The class I wanted to attend was at 7.25pm. I reached the gym at 6:30pm. Changed to my baju senaman and cat-walked to the lounge. But before I reached my destination, I was stopped by the same instructor. He wanted to know what I plan to do for the day. The moment I said the class starts at 7.25, he instructed me to walk on the treadmill. And he was 'kind' enough to add gradient to it. He's taking his role as an instructor seriously. He should be given a medal. He set the timer at 20 minutes. After 10 minutes he came to check on me, and added more gradient. I smiled and thanked him. Oh... then he said, rest for 5 minutes and go cycle after this. He said it'll make my legs stronger. So, being a lowly student that I am, I went for 15 minutes. I was a bit wobbly getting of the cycling machine, he smiled and I made my way to BodyPump class. Aaahh.. a bit of weight training. Wonderful. Another class that I'll try to attend diligently. After the class, I went for relaxed cycling for 30 minutes, showered, drove home and off to bed.

I must say that ever since I started gym, I wake up earlier than usual. And I do sleep better. Not that I ever had any problem with sleeping. Just give me a conducive ambient and I'm off to la-la land. I hibernate easily. Although my body is aching at places I never knew existed (or forgotten they exist more likely) it feels really good. If I can keep this up for another couple of months, I'll be the standing alive (as oppose to drop dead) gorgeous babe in no time. Ha ha ha... My friend did remind me not to be too ambitious. But hey, that overzealous dream is what keeps me going. More when I see the Pussycat Dolls on MTV while running on the treadmill. :-p

I'm attending the BodyBalance class this evening. Come and join. I need a gym buddy. Now that DNAS has found hers, I need one too. Anyone?

15 comments:

gravtkills said...

i just had my first day of gym on sunday...surprisingly i am not in pain today...i wonder why hehehe...i cant say i am excited but we shall see if there are any improvements in one month time

Hajar said...

gravt: wonderful! let's have a target shall we? hehe..

D.N.A.S said...

Yeah, I truly agree with what Pussycat Dolls' music videos can do to you. I'm tripling my intensity at the cardio machines because of those damn sexy chicks.
By the way, my gym buddy was injured last nite, donno when we'll be going together again, :(.

Queens City said...

tak aciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Hajar said...

dnas: come over to Axis la... hehe..

queens: join the club!!

Anonymous said...

wud hv joined u if was nearer. heh.line dancing is sumthg i've been meaning to do.

alas, i couldnt even get my but* movin' to do a simple jog wif my mum in the evenin'..ehehehee..

Hajar said...

fatihah: u need a motivation. get a new jogging outfit. or new pair of shoes. hehe...

UglyButAdorable said...

jade..where your gym laa.i pun ader impian nak buat nie..tapi takder kawan..

Anonymous said...

LOL.. im just making excuses here n there. will start, will start... soon. one way or another ;)

ishk..ishk..pagi2 dah surf around the net neighbourhood. *blind salary* hehee..

Hajar said...

UBAdorable: fitness first @ Axis. handy?

fatihah: that "soon" thingy must be NOW. hahaha..

Anonymous said...

jade,

bagus.. bagus.. keep it up..

me? exercise turun naik tangga with my daughters every morning and night je laa.. hehehhehee...

Hajar said...

adieza: ok la tuh turun naik tangga pun exercise juga... :-D

The Momster said...

eversince i have to go out of the way to a project elsewhere, my club membership has been unused!! blurghhhh!! it'd be ridiculous to go 'redah' the jam n end up stressed the minute i arrive there... hehe... excuses, excuses!! but then with a trainer like tht (hihi) i bet your dream will come true n be the envy of us all :P

UglyButAdorable said...

axis?? where aa?? memory lapse nowadays..

Hajar said...

nahlah: can always start again. jom la... join me.

Adorable: menara axis. in PJ. opposite hilton hotel.