October 28, 2009

Pampering Session

I went for facial session yesterday evening. This time, I ventured into Clarins Beauty Institute in KLCC. So today, I want to share with you my experience. Lovely, enchanting experience.

The first thing that they told me when I asked if they have empty slot for walk-in customer was: "we don't do any extraction during our facial and we don't use any machine, we only use Clarins technique". I was fine with that since I don't like the pain I have to bear either.

Since it was my first time, they made me fill up my particulars as per norm. Next, I was immediately whisked into the treatment room where I was asked to change and get ready for skin analysis. The session started of with the beautician giving me a short lecture on how I am not taking good care of my skin. She checked for my skin elasticity and moisture level by softly pinching and lifting the facial skin. And the conclusion: My skin is at its average condition but it could use more moisture. I'll get this comment anywhere I go, so. She recommended "Hydration from Madagascar" treatment. (I was immediately visualising the "I Like to Move It" clip from the cartoon).

The treatment started with relaxation technique. This was where the beautician helped my body to achieve total relaxation by loosening the muscle on my body; she started to shake both my legs gently and gradually moving upwards until the head. This was repeated twice. After, she started to perform the cleansing with a certain massage technique. She applied scrub and later masque.

I couldn't really describe the experience one after another because I was in total relaxation which made me sometimes aware and sometimes blissfully unaware. But never once the treatment induced pain; because there was no extraction done. There was a lot of facial massage being done.

The facial treatment also comes with hand and arm treatment (scrub and massage) and also scalp and shoulder massage. I have to say for RM198 this is truly an excellent treatment. I came out from the treatment room feeling revitalised and refreshed.

Later, she thought me a little on Clarins facial revitalising techniques which is done after applying your facial serum. This will help the serum to penetrate better and also the assist in lymphatic drainage. Obviously, this extra step adds another couple of minutes into my otherwise simplistic skin care routine.

All in all I have to say that facial in Clarins is one of the best so far that I have experienced. Its close rival being Sothys in Bangsar Village II. Will I go again? Most definitely.

2 comments:

The Momster said...

good thing u mentioned it here... i wanna do facial without the painful extraction, but then again, did the blackheads came off?

if yes, i'm heading to clarins! hehe...

Hajar said...

oui, bien sur! haha... they did came off! lotsa toner-soaked cotton pads. i have to say, i was not aware of it!