October 16, 2009

I'm going home!!

I am currently at the airport. The CIP lounge to be exact. My flight is at 6:45pm and check in at 6:00pm. So, at 3:30pm, I will go around the shopping area and see if i can find anything suitable for the wedding. I am yet to complete my gifts to him, so, will check out few items in the list.

Other than that, I am happy to leave. The best things about this trip was the arrangement made to ease my way from immigration check point in Changi to arrival in the hotel AND the rail system in the country. I had very bad experience this morning with one of the staff at the hotel which I don't care to elaborate. Besides, maybe it is also a reminder to me to always treat people with respect and always kindly. I made a social blunder not too long ago, and I believe I'm still paying for that crime. As much as I feel bad about the situation, I cannot turn back time and in time I hope things will be better... :-(

So anyway, the orgraniser of the exhibition actually arranged for a buggy that picked up my colleague and I right after we exit the plane last week and quickly whisked us away to the private CIP lounge. Our entry was a breeze and the luggage taken care of. Later, we we transported to the hotel via a designated coach. What an experience!

Arriving at the hotel however, the reception was a little mixed up, probably because I was dressed so casually that they did not expect me to be part of such posh event. :-p And this morning, when I was querying about the arrangement made for airport transfer, I was treated not so nicely by one of the staff. Luckily the rest of the team was more tactful that I managed not to give a piece of my mind to her. And sadly, she was a Malay.

Upon arrival at the CIP lounge again this afternoon, everything is smooth so far. InsyaAllah, all will be smooth still.

It is almost 3:30pm. Going for a quick visit to the ladies' and off to the shopping area pour moi! Au revoir Singapour!

p/s: I might be back in November for my cousin's wedding... ha ha ha ha...

2 comments:

Sarclover said...

What can I say about singa-poo-reans... their attitude also like poo... I abhor them to the core.

Hajar said...

sarc: blurgh... blurgh... blurgh... even my french counterparts actually said that singaporeans are stucked-up! imagine that! from frenchies who are said to be the sombongest of them all!