July 1, 2009

Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen


There were futuristic robots and there was Megan Foxx.

Was that one-liner enough of a review for you? Just kidding. :-p

At the risk of being a sour grape and probably a spoil sport, let me list down the things I don't fancy about this sequel:
  • I hate the cheeky dialogues by Autobots
  • I dislike the fact that Optimus Prime has become arrogant and stuck-up
  • I dislike the sexual aspects that is being injected into the movie
  • Megan Foxx's character has become too sens(x)ual for a robot movie
  • I found the movie just a little draggy for my liking
  • The female Autobots are not REAL useful robots, except that they are three beautiful sexy motorbikes with three beautiful sexy holographic women riding them
The makers should realise that fans of Transformers are not limited to the male gender. I grew up with Michael Jackson's songs AND Transformers! I have been a fan ever since the first time I saw the animation. Sure, I don't collect the figurines, but that does not mean I don't know the names of the steel beings!

On a good side, lotsa action and stunt. I wonder how the roads on Earth could withstand the heavy metal hitting them all the time... Hmm... John Turturro is at his best impersonation of a government-agent-turns-butcher. Josh Duhamel is as usual; yummylicious. Shia LeBeouf, well, his too green for me to really appreciate (ha ha ha).

I love the fact that Bumblebee becomes a true fighting robot instead of just a protector to a boy and his family. Owh... by the way, the movie soundtrack; AWESOME!

My only hope that in the next instalment, they will stick to the robots and more robots. Less human and sexual innuendoes. Come on guys, you can sell the movie without Megan Foxx showing her butt. But then again, who am I kidding? Guys. They only have one thing in their minds. Right?

***

4 comments:

D.N.A.S said...

The Sideways figurine is the coolest. It's an Audi R8 car. Transformation is quite complicated. My son has to refer to the video on YouTube for guidance. Too bad the car is not one of the main characters in the movie.

As for Megan's butt, it's CGI enhanced laaaa....

Hajar said...

Comment before deleted. Ha ha ha.. I meant to say, SideSwipe is the coolest. Ha ha ha... Salah robot.. ;-p

hang_lipur said...

ooo...tak g tgk lagi!! mcm mana laa nak tgk with ujam&nina ek? hmmm....

Hajar said...

puan hang lipur... kasi tinggal dengan mak long!! hehehe...