August 11, 2008

Review: Sepulchre by Kate Mosse


Sepulchre means tomb or grave. A burial chamber. Although it has such grave title, by no means it's a horror read. It's more like spirits and magic spells and apparition.

The story is about Meredith and LĂ©onie, both lived in different times but their lives are linked by a deck of tarot cards. Now, I am not familiar with Tarot cards, but apparently they have several versions. The one that is being used in this book is created by the author to reflect the storyline.

The book is about love and betrayal as well as family connections and a lover's vengeance. The book kept me awake, although I managed to drag the reading in the span of almost two weeks! That is an accomplishment for me.

Kate Mosse's first book that I read, Labyrinth, has a similar trend. Where the past and present is intertwined. If you like supernatural reads, a little magic spell or going back and forth following the storyline, pick it up and enjoy the ride. I like it. And it's going to be a good idle reading in future.

I'm going to start re-reading Labyrinth soon.

No comments: