August 19, 2008

New "Grocering" Joint

There's a new supermarket that I frequent now. Okay, I'm exaggerating. Today is my second time doing grocery shopping there. And all because, it saves time. It's Mercato d'Marketplace in Pavillion.

First off all, it's walking distance from the office. Secondly, I do not have to pay for extra parking ticket. The downside is that if I want to buy frozen food or fishies or shrimpy or squidy, I have to do it after work and not during lunch hour. Price-wise, it's not too bad. It's the same like spending in Bangsar Village Grocer or Cold Storage.

Before you get the wrong idea that I'm being uppity and snotty, I do shop at Giant and Tesco. Some of my clothes are from Tesco. But when it comes to freshness, these so called foreign oriented supermarkets win hands down. This is talking about going to buy them after work. Besides, there's no Giant or Tesco nearby where I live. There's UO Supermarket that I frequent for ad-hoc purchases and the fish or shrimp that I buy there has to be cooked on the same day. And the fishies look so sickly and limp when I drop by after work.

Other than that, these supermarkets also have a wide range of selection when it comes to preparing non-Malaysian dishes. He he he...

Anyway, today I plan to cook noodles for dinner. I canceled my plan to buy shrimps because after work I want to head home straight, so while doing the shopping just now I came across udang geragau. These are tiny little shrimps that usually end up as belacan or cencaluk. Upong seeing it, I immediately recalled the sambal that Mak used to make when I was still schooling. This sambal made with udang geragau is fingerlishingoodness. Great with hot steamy rice with kicap kipas udang as well as the filling for either toasted or non-toasted sandwiches. YUMMY!

So, tonight I plan to prepare Bahmi noodle; made from original Indomie (with extra goodness) with the sambal. Can't wait!

By the way, sapa yang blom ganti posa tuh, mai la posa sama-sama...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mentang2 la ofis..dikelilingi shopping mall.. jeles sey