August 29, 2008

Ramadhan is just around the corner! I feel a bit elated for this blessed month this year, can't really explain why. Maybe great things will happen for me and my loved ones? Ameen. In fact, one good thing already happened about an hour ago.

For the past one week I have been agonizing over the fact that I have to spend a huge amount for the car this month. With a major service as well as renewing the insurance (zero NCD, by the way). Just now, before walking to the office, I remembered to take a peek at the road tax sticker to check the expiry date. Lo and behold, it's on 1st October! Yeay! That means, I only have to spend for the service this month! I couldn't stop the string of gratitude to His Greatness that came out right after the big smile. Thank you again, God.

UAT with the customer was completed with few minor glitches. All in all they are impressed with the system and happy with the outcome. The boss said today we will take it easy, and coming back to the office means just waiting for the weekend. But come Tuesday, I will have a very busy day because I will need to prepare the reports and charts and whatever else. Wednesday would be meeting with the customer again to finalise everything. Hopefully by end of next week we can proceed with the testing with the remote sites. And if everything goes well as planned, I would have a pleasant Syawal, without having to worry about the connectivity and whether or not the transmission made it to the central site.

And IF everything goes smoothly, it would mean more busy days ahead which include foreign places. Yeay! This last piece, I'm hopeful.

I believe that whatever God has decreed has lessons to it. And if God gives us something, be it good or bad, it's a blessing as well as a test. Therefore, whatever it is that we achieve, we shouldn't be so smug about it. Or if we could not have what we want, not to be so sad about it. He is the greatest. There is always a lesson behind what He holds back from us and what He gives to us. Whichever way, we have to be mindful and thankful.

Congratulations to Anwar Ibrahim and PKR. I hope the MPs will start work now. It has been 5 months since the General Election. To Gravt's question on whether I think the lesser evil won, I really could not say. Permatang Pauh people knows better. Very diplomatic answer, eh? He he he... Anyway, his victory was expected already, it's his Kampung, kan?

A friend is saying Parliament duty will be something to be avoided in future. Because she said it'll be haywire. I sincerely hope not, because I really want the MPs to start working. Then again, it might just be wishful thinking, eh? He he he... MPs are after all clowns, if not children, as what they have proven the past several months.

Anyway, enough of those. Happy fasting everyone. Let's celebrate the holy month with more meaning and understanding. I sincerely apologise for my words or thoughts that have directly or indirectly hurt your feelings through out all my ramblings. I am, after all, only human. And humans make mistakes. Take care and have a great blessed weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good job jade... keep it up..

selamat berpuasa.. and selamat menyambut kemerdekaan yang ke 51..