August 8, 2008

Auspicious It Is! Ameen!

It is a Friday. It's the Olympic Games Opening Night.It's a day with auspicious number. Even so, it is not suitable to get hitched today (according to the numerological guru).

Few days back one of the skeleton in the closet came knocking. Instead of answering the knock, I again repeated the same question that I asked every year every time it came knocking for the past five years. And the answer remains the same. This time around it's because there will be some celebration in November. I finally decided that enough is enough. I hope this time the skeleton understand where both of us stand. And I'm leaving it to the Almighty to decide on the outcome. Although I hope everything will turn out great for all.

Friends. You can't live with them, you can't live without them. Sometimes they are well meaning in their actions without thinking of the consequences. I am blessed with great friends. Just this week I made contact with several of my old friends. I'm glad. It has been years.

What goes around comes around. I believe in Karma. And I believe that what we face as challenges are the reason why we're still here. God tests us with things that He knows we're able to face.

On this day, the king of all days, I am taught by Him the greatness of being fair and just. Of being able to put yourself in someone's shoes (and I'm not talking about the skeleton, because skeletons don't wear shoes!).

Yesterday morning, the front desk lady was extremely rude to me. Never had I experienced a stranger screaming at me like that. And I did nothing wrong at all, I was asking for her assistance. So, instead of screaming back at her, I went straight to the management office and filed a complain. Today I met with the manager in charged and my suspicions were correct. She's a single mother and she was having trouble at home. I just put that image in my head yesterday to stop myself from saying not so nice things to her... And it turned out to be true. I told the manager that I do not want her to be terminated, I just want her not to repeat that attitude again because no one deserve to be treated like that. I hope whatever they do, they won't terminate her. I was told that she had already being given warning letter yesterday evening and a talk this morning. I hope that would be it.

So, lesson for today, before reacting to intimidation or rudeness, maybe it's wiser to step back and be the person for a while. We're humans after all. We're not spared from being emotional when trouble is brewing at home, kan?

Famous saying, what goes around comes around. Karma bebeh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"What goes around comes around. I believe in Karma. And I believe that what we face as challenges are the reason why we're still here. God tests us with things that He knows we're able to face."

i really like this paragraph jade..tak rugi buat baik dgn org.. insya-allah.. kita akan dpt balasan yg baik gk...

anyway... friend will be around u.. no matter what happen.. as long as u know how to appreciate them.. :-)

Anonymous said...

have a nice weekend beb!!

aku nak balik dahhh tidooooooooo
;))