March 30, 2007

Yummy Aglio Olio


I've decided to cook for the potluck tomorrow. It'll be spicy aglio olio with chicken. Personally, I wouldn't mind going vegetarian with olio, but since catering to the mass, I guess, we'll go carnivore.

A replied SMS from Kak Mas confimed we're going to be carnivore tomorrow. So, I went to the supermarket last night and shop for the items. Kak Mas is coming over tomorrow morning to help while watching B&B at Channel 70. he he he... To quote her, "I'm a sucker for
American soaps".

A dish of Aglio Olio is the simplest, quickest, easiest and tastiest pasta dish that you could ever make; like this
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio here. A basic plain Olio will only need olive oil, salt, garlic and spaghetti. And walla, you have a plate of Olio. You can add black pepper and chili flakes to spice up. And throw in basil leaves or other herbs to kick the Italian touch in. Just awesome.


As a side note, I'm thinking of having my own herb garden. Not exactly like what Jamie Oliver does. He would just pluck the greens and chop them and throw it into his cooking. Although, I'd be more clean, where I'll wash them first. And my hands too! He can be soooo nasty while cooking.

I shall post my version of Aglio Olio as soon as I can. With pictures too!

Now, you can help me by telling how do I make a superb white sauce so that next time I can come out with my own Carbonara. Yes, I love Italian food. And most probably Italian men too. Muahahaha...

ps: this has got to be the Post with Most Web Links!!

4 comments:

D.N.A.S said...

Prawn olio! prawn olio! My peberet!!!

olive oil + salt + garlic + spaghetti + prawn + mixed 5 spices = prawn olio!!

Slurrrppp...

Nour said...

my favourite too...I had spaghetti olio at pizza hut few days back rasa macam makn MSG je...tak sedap..:(

Mr Froggies said...

wow...delicious !

Hajar said...

dnas: yaaaaaa betullllll!!!

nour: ooohh... don't go for pasta ad pizza hut...

mr froggies: yes, it is! ;-)