March 31, 2007

Luck in a Pot!

It was a lively potluck. Sowie... Pictures will be posted soon. My xD card is not compatible with the MMC card reader on the laptop. And I forgot to bring my USB cable. My MING USB cable is not compatiblw with Olympus. Heh! I knew I should've just taken the pictures with MING.

Kak Teh's birthday was celebrated again for the umpteen time. According to her that is. Let me just start from the beginning...

I started preparing the dish at around eleven in the morning. Contrary to the initial plan, Kak Mas could not come earlier; something about her Streamyx connection at home and waiting for the support people to come... So, I started without her. Halfway through I realised the chicken that I prep for the pasta will not be enough. So, I cooked half of the pasta with chicken.

I then smsed Kak Mas to get some prawns on her way over to my place. When she arrived pot and prawns, looking a bit harassed as a result from the failed attempt by the Streamyx support team, I quickly get to preparing the second half of the pasta with prawns. The garlic for the pasta was a little overdone; hanguih la...

The kitchen was a mess! And I couldn't just leave it like that, so I cleaned up and mopped the floor, wiped the stove and wash all the utensils. I took about half an hour to prep yours truly to a presentable state of being. We arrived in Bangi around 2:30pm. A call made confirmed that we were not as late as we thought.

Section 3 in Bangi, is really a huge maze. We made a lot of turns before we finally arrived to where Kak Teh was hiding. Seriously, if you need to run away from anyone, try secluding yourself in Section 3. Or maybe, I have just left Bangi for so long (can't remember when was the last time I was in the vicinity before today).

30 minutes settling in we were chatting and laughing, tremendously enjoying each others' presence. The meetup was initiated by Kak Aisah from Rantauan. I became involved through Kak Mas. Amongst the attendees were a couple who recently got married (one year), who met in Rantauan itself. Lovely, isn't it?

There were ample food. Besides the mediocre aglio olio pasta attempt by yours truly, here were KFC, Dunkin' Doughnuts, my all time favourite satay, some kuih muih, and sets of beautiful brownies. Not to forget the birthday cake from Secret Recipe. Chocolate Indulgence. By 5:30pm, everyone could not move, I was doing my best to regulate my breathing, trying to get more oxygen in, the other were torn between over-feeding and sleepiness.

The couch was very comfortable, the air was cool, a great recipe for napping. As everyone doing their best to fight the lethargy, we exchanged news and stories about absolutely everything. From the weather to celebrities, from politicians to bloggers.

As usual, no meetup is ever complete without group photos. As we said our goodbyes, trying hard not to sound so sad, we hugged each other, promising that we will meet again. Maybe the next one will be in London, when we can fly there for only 99 sen via Air Asia...

Kak Teh is a vibrant lady. At her age, advanced in numbers, but never in spirits, what more in her looks, I really, absolutely admire her. She said she never had any real holidays, being in the field she is in. Even coming back to KL for a so-called short break, she traveled down South, and scurrying here and there for events and what nots. Including hot self-intro to a certain Teuku who claimed women bloggers are slackers and liars. Woohooo!! To which he replied, "No problem...". Heh!

Anyway, the rest of the attendees this evening were no less impressive. I could sit there and just listen to them all day. He he he...

I will post the food pictures as soon as I get my hands on the cable. And yes, I will also include the recipe for my Aglio Olio.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salam Jade

So ur an Olly user huh?. Which model?
Mine is a C750UZ.Thought of upgrading to SP550UZ but other priorities is in my way......*sigh*

Cant wait to see ur pix. As for the herb garden, i can sent u some pix of mine to share with the rest here, jika sudi.

D.N.A.S said...

Okay, hari ni pegi gym...!

Hajar said...

Galing: Salam... yerp, FE5500, kalau tak silap. Wish I could have an SLR... soon, I hope. aaahh.. you can email the pictures to me, of course! ;-)

dnas: yup! petang nih mmg nak pegi pun. i'm also thinking joining body combat...

gravtkills said...

aglio olio? yummy