March 16, 2007

Surviving Dysmenorrhea

I know.. I know.. I know... Most girls/ladies go through this. But I am neither "young women in their teens and early twenties"!

I used to take panadol when I was younger to ease the pain. And then I upgraded to ponstan. Now, I don't take anything. I do realise that when I frequent the gym, I do not get any pain. Nada. Not even a grimace. So, my fault, I haven't been to the gym for the past two months. But I have good reason for it!

I was lazy. Heh!

Anyway, a couple of weeks back, I notice a certain unsightly bulges became more visible than before. And I was feeling quite lethargic despite the extended sleeping hours. If those were not alarming enough, I was a little heavier on the scale than usual. The long holidays in February actually contributed to the spongy me as well. I was stuffing myself like nobody's business, which in a way is true, but there you go. I ate rice everyday on top of all those gravylicious and oilylicious and fattylicious food. Everything was sinfulicious!

So this week, I managed to drag my sightly butt to the gym. I ran for 30 minutes (with rests in between! gasp!) and then on the stepper machine for another twenty. If that wasn't enough, I went to BodyBalance class. My instructor was surprised to see me doing all the beginners posts. Seriously, my balance and stamina is not as it used to be. Even my limbs could not hold the posts for a long period of time.

As such, today, I shall go to the gym again for the class. I cannot let myself be lazy ever again.

Yes, yes... I am lamenting today. Blame it on the hormones. Blame it on the
dysmenorrhea.

ps: yes, I know they say EPO helps, it didn't work its wonders on me. But, it seems floral tea can. Who can supply me with chamomile or lavender tea? Or, who knows where I can get them?

5 comments:

D.N.A.S said...

Jade,
try that herbal sanitary pad lah. It worked on me, my sis in law and my colleagues. I know it is sold in Bangsar Shopping Center.

Nazrah Leopolis said...

alang2 pergi BSC cari those herbal teas lah...mesti ada!


u know apa ubat paling mujarab?

KAWIN!!


hahaha...

D.N.A.S said...

Jade, tumpang lalu...

Nazrah,
I dah kawin, anak dua, but still have that problem. The theory doesn't apply to every women, I guess.

gravtkills said...

eh bukan ka that panadol got something for it oso

Hajar said...

dnas: hmm... will try that next time..

nazrah: kene la cari hubby dulu! hehe...

gravt: it doesn't work.. at least not for me.. :-(