October 12, 2006

Memories....

A browse through email folders brought me to a specific folder I created several years back. And checking the emails inside it brings back memories. I couldn't say for sure if it's bitter or sweet. But if I remember correctly, when the first emails were exchanged, it was also the first time I started blogging.

I was given hope. My cold heart was warmed again. I dared to take the plunge. But alas, another sad story written in the book. It happened so fast, and it happened furiously. The sweet part, the fear, the laughter, the tears. I had to knock my head several times just to wake up. But I kept going back, what happened that didn't allow it to happen? I never got the answer. The connection was severed before I knew it.

They say things happened for reasons. I used to loathe this statement. But these days I accept it. For without these unwanted situations, we cannot learn. We cannot put value. We fail to appreciate. At certain point of time we have to stop asking "Why?". Because there might not be an answer. Because it might be just another lesson. Accepting that you cannot change a lot of things go a long way. As long as it's within your control, you can continue dissecting the situation.

"Mudahnya kau mengganti-ganti rindu, seolah cintaku tak berharga..."

Because it happened during Ramadhan, that Syawal I cried. And I cried harder when I heard this song by Aishah. :-)

Anyway, that was years ago. I had never thought about it anymore. But because Yahoo! Mail has changed its look and feel, I was brought back to the memories. Thus, the melancholy.

No comments: