October 10, 2006

I cannot breathe!!

Let's talk about the haze today. I know everyone dah letih cakap pasal haze nih, but I tak kira, I nak cerita gak.

Every morning I wake up, I will go to my bedroom window and selak langsir. In hope today I will breathe fresh morning air. Tapi kan, dah seminggu harapan tinggal harapan. Hampa.

My house tak der la tinggi. Tapi tinggi la jugak kiranya. Normally when we're watching the TV our sliding door would be wide opened. Tapi la ni, dah seminggu tak buka sliding door. Sebab kalau buka nanti haze masuk rumah. Yesterday as soon as I stepped inside the house, I automatically went to the sliding door. But decided against opening it and settle for air freshener instead. I feel so suffocated. I sleep with my windows open, at my place or back at my parents'. So, not being able to do so really cripples me.

Please la pihak-pihak yang berwajib, DO SOMETHING IMMEDIATELY. This has been going for YEARS! Berapa lama lagi kita nak bersabar bernafas dalam asap? There must be something that can be done. Betul tak? Mustahil we cannot do anything. There is such thing as a limit to being neighbourly. You won't keep quiet if your next door neighbour throw their smelly rubbish into your backyard, would you?

3 comments:

Angel Eyes said...

True.

The haze is very bad. I had asthma almost everyday. God.. i hope it will rain again!

D.N.A.S said...

Jade,
my son and I dah 2 hari batuk2... sakit tekak, sakit kepala. Haze is now like our annual event lah pulak, ever since 1997!!! That's almost 10 years lah wey!

Hajar said...

AE: i hope there is no more haze! ever!

dnas: kesian nya... make sure you drink lots of water. afte iftar of course... ;-)