September 9, 2006

The Deyt: What happened was...

Thank you all for your suggestions and advice. hehehe... most appreciated.

I would say that the deyt, was a disaster. And I was it. *sigh*. I've got good reason for it though. To begin with, I had a job interview at 4pm. In KLCC area. By the time we said our farewells it was already 6pm. And a peek through the glass wall, it was raining. And, it was a Friday. By 6:30 I was still a walking distance away from Suria. To my defense, I did call him to tell him that I'm not going to be able to make the time we planned, but alas he did not pick up the phone. (I found out later that he was sleeping.)

I agreed to meet up with another friend for coffee since I thought it was a good idea to pass the time while waiting for the traffic to ease. And when the phone rang, he called, I told him I'm going to be late. Suffice to say, he picked me up at half past 10. Lucky for me he still had smile on his face and was just happy to see me. He he he...

DNAS, it never crossed my mind to go and buy new outfit just for this outing. I did that once before, and only because I had nothing proper to wear to attend a sort of a posh event. And I ended up spending so much I became a VIP member of the outlet I bought the clothes from. Not going to let banana fruit twice, okay. I just dig out stuff from the closet and got ready within 30 minutes. Showered, dressed and make-up.

We ended up in The Ship in Bukit Bintang. The company was excellent. We had good conversation, laughed and enjoyed ourselves tremendously. We capped off the night with us sharing ice cream from Lecka Lecka. The one outside StarHill. While devouring the creme brulee and tiramisu flavoured dessert, we overheard a girl wanting to pay her ice cream with credit card, we saw a he-she who walked funnily in wedges who by my date's definition, "beautiful from afar, far from beautiful". We also saw a group of, most probably school children who had group meeting for about 15 minutes before deciding to sit down at the joint.

Oh... during dinner I found out that he-who-asked-me-out was three years younger than me. I failed miserably to mask my surprise that I think he was a bit offended. And I can't help the feeling as if I was going out with my brother for I have one who's the same age as him. Heh! Anyway, we passed the stage of akwardness and enjoyed ourselves truly. I even forgot about the age difference. Ha ha ha... Not that it matters, for the mind is the attraction. In fact, I think I was acting more like a kid than he was.

He asked me while we were walking back to the car whether I will go out with him again. I said, of course I will. As he was sending me back, I apologised to him again for sort of ruining the night by being late, and being defensive as I was, I reminded him that I DID got ready within 30 minutes as I promised. :-p He laughed and told me that it was okay.

Mannnnn! What a night. I think I talked too much. But then again, I always am. Ha ha ha...

p/s: I did a post-mortem. I could've just gone back, brave the traffic, instead of meeting up with the friend for coffee. I feel guilty. I was just being practical. Right? What would've you done?

16 comments:

Azer Mantessa said...

u had a gd time and looking forward for a second deyt wrap-up.

admire on his flexibility on ur being late :-)

Nour said...

yeay!! both of you had fun...hoping that there will many more dates to come.

I guess things just happen, tertidur, terlambat, it's okay, at least you know he is cool about it and the next time round don't be late ...:P

UglyButAdorable said...

phewwittt..u go girl..weiihh...so long never blog hop..and then my sista here ader dety!!! woowww...happy gilerss..so spill it out la the details... eehh..nanti kiter kuar2 makan2 la..after work oso kan..but we go midvalley la..dekat skit...nearer to yur house too..

Angel Eyes said...

U go girl! *clap clap*

Glad that you guys had fun together. More dates in the future?

hugs
sheryl

Hajar said...

AM: yes and yes. yes!

nour: yeay!

UBA: kakak... it was so cartoon lah i tell you... neeways, might as well tapau something and have the dinner at my place lah!!

AE: had fun. yes. dates? probably... outings... hehe..

D.N.A.S said...

Sounds like the first date I had with my hubby.... It was raining, I had to walk along Jalan TAR, he was late, then we went for coffee blah blah blah....Then went for dinner ... followed by supper... Three years after that, we were married... hihihi...
By the way, 3 years is nothing lah..

Anonymous said...

So he is younger than you. Girl, u hit da jackpot. Sunnah Nabi ni...

My friend married a guy 8 whois 8 yrs younger. They're blessed with a one year old son now. Isn't that just wonderful.

Pace urself, bid ur time. Insya Allah you will meet Mr Right.Ameen.

Hajar said...

dnas: but... but...

galing: err... not exactly looking at that direction... :-p

gravtkills said...

disaster? i thot ok wat except the timing je la

UglyButAdorable said...

ehhh..better still yekk..then i can sit on yur new sofa... okehh..sumtime next week maybe..

Hajar said...

gravt: disaster la jugak kot.. considering i'm the clutz...

UBA: yeay! just tell me the date and time bebeh!

Anonymous said...

i just noticed that u did a post mortem. Eeuuww! Isnt that has something to do with examination and dissection of a dead body, no?

Try 'analytical review' or perhaps (taking into account that this is a deyt)investment appraisal? he he..

Hajar said...

galing: it was certainly not a prospect lahh... it was just an outing..

trueblue said...

Oohh..I just love the beginning part of relationships :)

Well..I guess yours isn't actually a relationship as yet..but you know what I mean kan?

Anyways, good luck for future dates to come!

Anonymous said...

Women....they are so confused and confusing. First they say its a date and get so excited over it. Then they say its just an outing.

Next thing you know they'll claimed it just sharing a table and having meals at the same time.....

Or worst - they unabashly claimed that they just happened to be in the neighbourhood and decided to share dinner time together. What next?!

P.S.Want to have another go at the crème brûlée. i did'nt finished mine the last time...

Hajar said...

trueblue: it's when everything is cloudy niney...

anon: next would be, "err... was it you i had dinner with the other night?" on creme brulee, lets.