November 30, 2009

Jinxed?

18 more days to go! And that is not so long, isn't it? My emotions are a riot of colours right now. Excitement. Happiness. Scared. Anxious. A little sadness. Thankful. Joy. You name it, I have it.

"God will not test us with tests that He knows we cannot overcome"

This is one of the phrases that I will always remember close to my heart. Eversince we got engaged, people keep on saying that this period will be the time when the greatest tests will be on us. Being a skeptic when it comes to negative thinking I always push those voices away. People keep on telling us that our "blood is sweeter" (darah manis) during this time. I send that too to the back burners.

Truthfully, I am thankful that He has decided that I am not strong enough to face too strong of a test. And the little ones He sent to us are ways for us to learn to deal life issues together.

Most recent, is my reception dress. Haih. I was so happy and elated to see that it turned out to be exactly like how I wanted it to be. Alhamdulillah. I sent it to laundrette for dry cleaning and pressing. When I went to collect it, I just could not believe what I'm seeing. The laces were... loosen... It is so appalling to see such beautiful dress turned out to be like something you've worn many times over. Okay, I'm exaggerating a bit, but this is more on how I feel.

I could not cry even. When I talked to the owner, I did not even raise my voice. Not a bit. I just tell him how I feel when I saw the dress. Thanks to Allah, the owner agreed to pay the compensation as I told him I need to pay my designer to repair the dress. And I know my designer will be very sad when she look at the dress, since she put a lot of effort into it. :-(

I'm sending the dress back to the designer tomorrow. I hope the amount that was agreed with the laundrette owner is enough to pay her for the repairs. If it's not, I still have to pay, kan? Ha ha ha... story of my life.

UPDATE 1/12/2009: I sent the dress for repair this morning. As I expected, Mag was surprised and quite upset. However, she can still laugh and smile and promised me that she'll do her best. Haih... I'm just sedih because I so want to hang the dress in the room! Looking at it is a statement that I've completed another check list! But alas... sabar aje la kan?

5 comments:

D.N.A.S said...

If this happens to me, dah lama dah laundrette tu kena bakar... hihihi.

Anonymous said...

nsb baik htr awl.. kalu htr lbt.. lg naya.. sabar je la..

Hajar said...

DNAS: haih.. kalu ikut hati apa pun bley jadi..

6ky Angel: tu la pasal!

The Momster said...

alamak! i hope you ARE exaggerating. but hang on there, you'll have more added to the compilation of sweet memories, you know! ;)

Hajar said...

momster: actually, my baju nikah pun a bit cedera... tapi the worst was the reception garment. :-( i hope i can collect it by next week la from the designer...