December 3, 2009

Jeng Jeng Jeng...

It's not that long to the D-day. I suspect CapalPerak has stopped browsing (reading?) this blog since a week back. Reason being, he does not like the count down on the sidebar. Ha ha ha...

I am getting more nervous each day aussi. Yesterday afternoon, I had lunch on my own, ditching my colleagues who were actively arguing about something. I was not listening, and had no desire to listen in. I just picked up Liz and 'dramatically' stormed out from the office. I walked at a slightly fast pace towards KLCC.

As I sit there in the restaurant, waiting for my food to come, I SMSed CapalPerak and told him how I felt. I found that I had difficulty in breathing and my heart was beating too fast to my liking. It only beats that speed when I'm running on the treadmill. I reluctantly realised that it is a start of a panic attack. If I mention this to Abah, he would say, "It's all in your mind". But the fact that my breath was getting shorter by the minute and my eyes wandering wildly around kinda scared me.

So I closed my eyes and started to control my breathing. I tried to slow down my heart beat. I took deep, deep breath and let it out slowly. It was just insane. It was a little scary.

I ordered chamomile tea, because it is known for it's calming and soothing effect. I contemplated to go for facial session in Clarins, because that will definitely sooth my nerves, but I did not.

So, I ended up shopping. Haih. Truthfully, it IS the best therapy in the world! I bought CapalPerak's perfume; the last item on my hantaran list that I had not purchased yet; mattress protector and a pair of shoes. This pair will be my reception shoes. Mak said it looks gorgeous.

I checked with my florist just now, and looks like the bouquet is happening. I asked for extra stalked to use for my hairdo and CapalPerak's button hole. Our reception will be a combination of traditional and modern affair. Being a typical aquarian, I insist on being different. Ha ha ha... I wish I could have gamelan playing through out the fete, and kompang group announcing our arrival. But, alas, you can't have everything kan?

Now... if only I could start working on the hantaran!

No comments: