November 13, 2009

My Planned Wedding Bouquet

Not sure if it's a little too early for me to share more about the wedding preparation... But since I'm seriously bored, and have about an hour more to go back, I guess, I'll talk about the flower that I have picked to be my wedding bouquet... ;-)

My initial planning was to have long stemmed calla lilies. See my previous post for the mini version, which I'm now using for "that fun thing" tomorrow. Which also means, it is not going to be my wedding flower.


Not too long ago, I did a simple test on FaceBook (yes!) on "Your Birth Flower Test". And this result came out:


Just like that, I immediately made up my mind to have Carnations as my wedding bouquet. Simply because, it's January's flower. I do not know how it will turn out, but the blessed WWW has given me some ideas....





















Nice, huh?

I remembered once a friend told me about a florist who is actually the wife of our mutual acquaintance. So I called her up and tada! she's doing the bouquet for me. I must remember to call her back to tell her that I need few more stalks for other things...

Today I googled carnations, and according to the web... "The carnation, scientifically known as Dianthus caryophyllus...its scientific name dianthus roughly translating to "flower of love" or "flower of the gods"..." (source: Meaning of Carnation Flowers)

As usual, each colour has its own meanings...


Carnations What they Mean
Carnations in general Fascination, Woman's Love
Pink Carnations Mother's Love
Light red Carnations Admiration
Dark red Carnations Deep Love and Woman's Affection
White Carnations Pure Love and Good Luck
Striped Carnations Regret, Refusal
Green Carnations St. Patrick's Day
Purple Carnations Capriciousness
Yellow Carnation Disappointment, Dejection

(Source: TheFlowerExpert.com)

Whatever the meanings are, the most important thing, your bouquet must be in the colour that you like and love. Not to mention, they need to match the theme! So, if before, you think carnations are just ordinary... think again!



No comments: