January 5, 2009

No Rush Ler...

It's the fifth day in 2009. The eight day of Muharram 1430H.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

Life goes back to the old routine. Wake up in the morning, going to work, being busy, wait anxiously for the work day to end, a trip to the gym and finally the nightly visits to la-la land.

If anyone were to ask me how does it feel to be someone's fiancée, my answer would be... not much difference! Except for the part where my fingers are not bare anymore. :-p And probably my blog will become duller than ever!

Some people are telling us that the engagement period is a tad too long while others are saying there's hardly enough time to plan for the wedding. And Jade being Jade, these voices are taken with pinches of salt. Not to disregard, just as guides lah... You cannot satisfy everyone, so you might as well satisfy yourself and make yourself happy.

Just ponder on it for a while if you may. When you're single, people ask you when are you going to get a boyfriend or girlfriend. When you're a couple people ask you when you're going to be engaged. Once you're engaged they ask you why wait so long to get married. Once you're married they start asking if you have a bun in the oven already. Like duh kan? It will never end.

Although these people meant well, you have got to know how to pace yourself and not be rushed by what's happening around you. Take your time. I know I took my time to get on the train of marital bliss, but that's only because the coaches before did not make me happier than I was when I was on my own. Now that it has changed, Alhamdulillah, we have taken the next step. I am nervous, yes, but I am also happier. :-)

There is nothing wrong with waiting for the right one. Or the right moment. What's important is that you're happy and the other person makes you happier. Wait for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like your last paragraph. you are so much smarter when you wait for the right moment and not rush simply because society thinks you should.

congratulations on being engaged and good luck.

Hajar said...

toughcookie: thanks!

SyncMaster said...

Drop by if u have time..chill out..

http://wl.playcomet.com/?fuid=heday