February 17, 2008

Teleport with a Jumper today!


We went to watch the movie Jumper yesterday.

When watcing the trailer few weeks back, I was intrigued. The action and the plot looked interesting. Although I did remarked to my partner that this might be another film like The Covenant; engaging trailer, weak movie.

About 15 minutes into the moview, I was restless. I was getting bored.

Truth is, I've never read the novel this movie was based on. But, being Jade, I am always interested in super natural or sci-fi movies especially if they are weaved with actions and thrills. Although Jumper has the moves that are pre-requisites for any action movies, it lacks the technicality of being a sci-fi genre.

Maybe it's the time limitation or the need to ensure the viewers are kept glued on their seats for the entire show. Or maybe they'll do it in the sequels. BUT to me it's not enough seeing a renegade teleporting from one end of the sofa to the other end because he's just too lazy to get his bum up to pick up the TV remote.

Who are these so-called Jumpers anyway? Where do they inherit (if it's genetic) the ability? And Paladines, how did they come about? Why are they acting God when they say only God should have the ability to be everywhere anytime? Maybe I missed some part of the movie that explained these.

Whatever the questions popping in my mind, the movie is currently showing in the cinema. If you're a sci-fi fan or just like to see Anakin with Sweet Summer from OC in action, go and get the tickets. Tell me what you think of the movie.

Jade's Rating: ***

2 comments:

gravtkills said...

hayden failed at being the leading man

Hajar said...

gravt: my thoughts exactly!