February 5, 2008

My Laughable DMS

Eversince I join Pudica, security is always the one word that is thrown around. When I think back all the documents that I have stored on my laptop, thumbdrive and probably some CDs, one question always manage to come up. What happens IF (yes, a big if there) any of those storage goes down? Seriously. Not just that, should anyone able to get to my white machine, they can read the documents, look at the pictures! Gasp!

You see, I have pictures and personal documents stored on my laptop. Not to mention official documents, work related. It does worry me should anything happen. Haih. Touch wood, eh?

You know how big organisations or banks have DRCs, I think we, as daily users should have one to! Which means, we can synchronise our data and documents to a central point which have continuous data protection. Wouldn't it be nice not to worry about losing important documents or have different versions of the same document mixed up?

Obviously this central point provides remote file access and remote storage access. That means, we can just connect comfortably from home to the server and sync or upload or download our documents.

Seriously, it's not wishful thinking. Check out Tilana to find out more should you be inclined to have such service.

Seriously.

By the way, if anyone wonders what DMS is, it's Document Management System. And yes, mine is laughable. :-p

2 comments:

gravtkills said...

err u not afraid that tilana has access to all yr data and pics?

D.N.A.S said...

I used to have thumbdrives, external hard disks and burnt my data on DVD. Last July, my house was broken into and the thieves took my laptop bag. All the thumdrives, external hard disks and DVD were in that bag. Not to mention the laptop itself, lah. Talking about disastrous disaster recovery strategy! Hahahaha.