January 15, 2007

As I Wait Here Alone

So, I'm sitting here in Dome at KLCC writing my blog. The first time getting connected outside home or office. The sense of superiority envelops the senses eventhough it's nothing to boast about. Everyone is connected these days. But the ability to do so makes me thankful that we're not far behind in technology.

I'm actually waiting for AE to arrive. My Vienna coffee and her hot chocolate is gracing the small round table in between the two huge leather arm-chair. Before basking in the DOME ambience, I walked around the mall and ventured into one of the boutiques. The sales person came to me and...

SP: Akak... dulu akak sekolah kat mana?
Jade: Huh?
SP: Akak dulu sekolah kat Tweedle Tots, eh?
Jade: Yeah.. (smiling). Macam mana kenal?
SP: Ala.. dulu PBSM..
Jade: Oh.. yer ke.. sori tak perasan...
SP: Tak per... nampak akak jalan kat luar tadi terus teringat.
Jade: oh... maknanya muka tak de beza dari time sekolah dulu la ya? (feels all goody inside)
SP: Ha ha.. yer lah... (terpaksa kot...?)

Then I walked around the boutique looking at the shoes and handbags, and with a smile, waved goodbye like the primadona that I am (huh?), and sailed through the doors. He he he... dramatic tak?

It feels good when someone recognises you. But it doesn't feels so good when you can't seem to recall that person, face, features and worse, name. Ughhh... So I had to hide my embarassment behind a cool, polished exterior, when inside I actually wanted to walked quickly out from the boutique. I hope the guy forgives me. And I hope he doesn't think I'm a snob who thinks highly of herself.

Adding to my wishlist this year, is a new handphone and God willing, a new car. Please God, let me have these little pleasures in life... Ameen...

2 comments:

gravtkills said...

K800? N73? P990?

Hajar said...

gravt: A1200 :-)